playMaker

Author Topic: achievements, in game shop, ads  (Read 6231 times)

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
achievements, in game shop, ads
« on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:27 AM »
Hi.

Please tell me what assets have integration with Playmaker for achievements, in game shop, ads.

Thank you!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: achievements, in game shop, ads
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »
Hi.
Stan's assets, easy mobile, Cross Platform Native Plugins - Ultra Pack

try search for iap playmaker.

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:20:04 PM »
I will look on them, thanks.
For XBOX can you recommend too please ?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »
Hi.
Sorry for xbox i can't find anything.

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 02:11:49 AM »
Ok, I will document more on this and come back, thank you!
ps. if anyone knows anything on xbox please don't be shy :)

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 05:15:38 AM »
Hi.
Sorry for xbox i can't find anything.

please tell me if there are any actions with Playmaker that can do partialy what this asset does: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/social-pro-xbox-achievements-featured-stats-rich-presence-107971
it is very expensive for me

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
i know this link but it does not answer my question

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
That includes a list of third party assets with playmaker actions. How about I look through that, find the ones that do what you want to do, install them, install the actions, and make your game for you. Would that be acceptable? Or would you rather do any of it yourself.

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »
how about leave this topic and take care of your business ?
i told you plain and clear i know that link and does not answer my q of xbox achievements.
if you have no answer, don't answer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:31:17 PM by vv3 »

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »
I answered with a list of 3rd party assets with playmaker support that you don't feel like looking through.
Now i googled something you don't want to google.
It would be part of the xbox live sdk
do you want to offer us your copy to integrate with?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 06:08:32 PM »
Hi.

How about keeping it friendly....

Not all assets that supports playmaker are on the Add-ons page and ther is nothing Xbox specific on that page.

If you are not listed as a registered XBox developer, you cannot download the XBox module of the Unity Editor.

This is probably the main reason you can't find much on the asset store for xbox as you need to register before you can get the sdk.

So if or when you register to the XBox developer program, your only option for now is to ask the author from that 'Social Pro XBox' asset if he wants to support playmaker. you can do this before purchasing this asset.

If the author want to support, you can let him contact me if he needs help with making actions.

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 03:24:11 AM »
Before I opened this topic I searched a lot on the asset store and playmaker forum/actions found nothing about achievements but that one asset wich is very expensive for what it does. I do not want integration with it, I just want to know if anyone has some playmaker actions to share that can do partialy what is in that asset (because I am not a C programmer to write actions in C on my own).
About google search: I searched a lot and many stuff are obsolete. Then I applied to XBOX and will get the keys of course. Hopefully the integration will be easier enough or tutorials explicative enough if there is any code involved.
Hopefully now you understand why I asked for help here.
If no one did anything on this topic, no worries, I can get it from lack of answers. Yet, there is no need to interfere and say unnecessary stuff.
I thank you anyway for your answers.

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 09:13:49 AM »
There are lots of achievements assets on the store, you only looked for xbox.
These are kind of like it, but not official, and a lot cheaper.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/4110
and
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/3042

If the other asset is too expensive, you don't need to be looking at xbox builds yet. Renting the license for xbox will be more expensive than that asset.
The packages above let you make your own system for achievements, leaderboards, etc. The bonus is that it isn't locked into Xbox, Google, or Apple. It will be your achievement ecosystem that goes anywhere you build for, and since you would be starting with this, You can stick with the same database that's branded to your studio your whole game dev career.

And even though its playmaker, there is still code involved. Every one of these actions is a snippet of code. FSMs get built into the game with other code. But it is still code.

If you want to build a generic achievement system solely with playmaker, I see no reason this wouldn't be possible with supplied actions, ecosystem, maybe some custom actions, but off the top of my head, I don't think any customs would be needed for a basic setup. But you could use playmaker to learn enough C# to extend everything.

So... Grab assets, or start playing around with FSMs and get to work. Break stuff, fix stuff, repeat. You'll get the hang of it

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »
It is true I was searching achievements only for XBOX.
I will look over generic ones and see what is needed to make it work for XBOX.
(btw, xbox dev is 20 usd for indie as far as I see)
I can understand code but I am not fully familiar with C# and I do not want to invest months in mastering it instead of focusing of developing other areas. I allready learned some stuff allready playing with assets, doing tutorials and so on.
Thank you for your extended answer.