playMaker

Author Topic: Oculus Go Build?  (Read 3599 times)

PET

• GamerPET
Oculus Go Build?
« on: June 23, 2018, 06:22:59 AM »
Hey guys!

This is not 100% PlayMaker related but it's on a project that it's 100% relying on Playmaker :D

Originally I did this project for GearVR. Now I have to upgrade it for Unity 2018.1 & make it run on Oculus Go.

The project has to run only on 1 Oculus Go. I don't own & don't have access to that Oculus Go.

So I need somehow to make the apk and send it over for it to be installed & run.

Any idea how to do this? How do I build for Oculus Go?

Thank You
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Oculus Go Build?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 11:14:09 PM »
Hi, I think this is going to be a bit tricky. How will you test the controls? If you need specific controls for GO, you will need to download and install the GO SDK.

But, you should be able to load a gear VR build straight into GO, as I understand it. I havent tried though, as I dont have any Gear VR projects.

Here is another set of instructions: https://headjack.io/tutorial/sideload-install-app-apk-oculus-go/

After the APK is built, you will need to 'side load' it into the GO. This means by USB and android studio or some drivers. It does require the person with the GO to download drivers and use the command prompt (CMD) on windows. So if they have 0 technical skills, maybe you can help them via screen sharing/mirroring software such as teamshare.

mic1991

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Oculus Go Build?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:28 PM »
I'm really struggling with this. Can't get Playmaker to recognise the UI Pointer Click events. I've got the right SDK and Oculus Utilities. Everything seemed to be working fine on GVR. Anyone else used Playmaker for Oculus Go or Gear VR?