playMaker

Author Topic: why playmaker is missing when I upgraded from unity2017 to 2018[SOLVED]  (Read 4873 times)

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
playmaker is disappeared from the top (menu area) after I upgraded the project to unity2018, I tried re-import all assets, but it doesn't work at all. These assets are in the project - asset folder, but nothing could use just because no option in the menu. What happened and how could I fix this? any body help please?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:02:55 AM by jeanfabre »

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
You probably have some errors in your project, and some of the actions need updating if you're still on older version of PM and using some stuff from Ecosystem.
Available for Playmaker work

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
Thanks...but the problem is the whole menu of playmaker disappeared... and even there is no red alert in the console about playmaker

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

do you have any red alert anyway in the console? Editors can not run until ALL console errors are cleared.

Bye,

Jean

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
No, there is no red alerts. but hundreds of yellow alerts, it seems I missed some definition of those assets, then I tried to re-import all assets(Playmaker included).But nothing show up in the menu area, which means there are no lists or options to use those assets, no action bar, no events, no Ecosystem etc.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
What Playmaker and Unity versions are you using?
Available for Playmaker work

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
unity2018.2f2 & Playmaker 1.9

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

what are the yellow warnings, can you copy paste them?

It all works fine here, so maybe the install went wrong and you need to manually finish the process.

install the package manually, it's located in Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/Playmaker.1.9.unitypackage.

Can you import that and see what happens?

Bye,

Jean

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
Mostly The yellow alerts remind me that I have missed lots definitions of those assets.

Playmaker 1.9 works fine for my project of Unity2017 in last six months. I upgraded the project to unity2018 this week and I know playmaker should be install after import. Either updating or installing can be succeed, but the only problem is the playmaker button is disappeared in the menu area. It results the whole dropdown lists are gone. I tried the newest playmaker 1.9 beta4 minutes ago, but it still nothing there.

Someone told me check window - project manager, but nothing there.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

Can you paste these errors, thanks :)

you haven't confirmed how manual installed went, can you confirm? you don't need PlayMaker menu for this, simply install the package located in Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/

Bye,

Jean

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(372,33): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(450,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(452,21): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been deprecated and will be removed in Unity 2018.1. To continue using Substance Designer materials in Unity 2018.1, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Application/ApplicationOpenUrl.cs(31,17): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Application.ExternalEval(string)' is obsolete: `Application.ExternalEval is deprecated. See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-interactingwithbrowserscripting.html for alternatives.'

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerUnity2d
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

ok, so in this screenshot, PlayMaker works, and I assume this is 1.9.0p4.  Can you upgrade to 2018 that very project ( make a copy and try on the copy), what happen then?

Bye,

Jean

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
Yes,During the time, I tried to uninstall unity2017, cleaned the regedit, then install unity2018 after the last screenshot which I have showed to you.

I opened the project with unity2018, That's all. I did not do anything else.

these are the errors and screenshot in unity2018 here:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Material/SetMaterialMovieTexture.cs(28,22): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.MovieTexture' is obsolete: `MovieTexture is deprecated. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Movie/PauseMovieTexture.cs(14,22): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.MovieTexture' is obsolete: `MovieTexture is deprecated. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Web/WWWObject.cs(28,22): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.MovieTexture' is obsolete: `MovieTexture is deprecated. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Web/WWWObject.cs(98,53): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.WWW.GetMovieTexture()' is obsolete: `MovieTexture is deprecated. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils_FsmVar.cs(372,33): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.ProceduralMaterial' is obsolete: `Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.'

Sorry, I cannot post hundreds of yellow alerts here, no enough text spaces for that.

cleave

• Playmaker Newbie
It is not only missing of playmaker itself, but also all assets which could support and use coding with playmaker are disappeared from menu area too. such a strange thing~

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

ok, it's simply your playmaker utils that is not up to date, nothing to do with PlayMaker itself.

Can update PlayMaker utils from the ecosystem, or tell me which addons you got from the ecosystem, maybe not all have been updated yet for 2018 support.

Bye,

Jean