playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayList and HashTable reordering + Bulk add to Array List and Hashes  (Read 3043 times)

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Hi guys,

i messed around with Odin these days and it would be neat if some stuff could be implemented, specifically reordering of items in Array Lists and Hash Tables

The other thing that would significantly improve the speed of work (and would come handy for pooling too!) is drag and drop GameObjects in bulk to Arrays and Hash tables.

Since keys are needed for Hash Tables, automatically assigning bulk added items with placeholder keys (1, 2, 3...) would sort it out i believe ^_^
Available for Playmaker work

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Yes, that would be cool indeed :)

The problem is that if I start supporting Odin, then ArrayMaker becomes defacto a paid asset because you must have Odin.

Bye,

Jean

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Well i didn't mean to integrate it with Odin :)

I'll try fiddling around a bit, i see it needs serialization.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

If you mean creating a similar interface from scratch, this is indeed a lot of work and I never had that much time to allocate for this... unfortunatly.

This is very hard work ( and that's an understatement), and Odin asset is exceptional in that regards, it's truly a work of art and deserves great respect, the guys are true genius at using Unity editor.

Have a go at it, if you come up with something that's fit for use, I'll consider integrating it in ArrayMaker if you are ok with this.

Bye,

Jean

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
It truly is a lot of work. I'll try with a new Rotorz reorderable list library, 1.0.2 is out, i see the one implemented in PM is 0.2.6 :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:23:26 AM by krmko »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

well, rotorz has deprecated, be careful which one you use, I have to redo some of my PlayMaker Utils wizard because of this.

this is the one to use if you go with rotorz : https://github.com/rotorz/unity3d-reorderable-list

but double check anyway that it works across all Unity versions.

I suggest you also check out the Unity version of it, It's explained and documented here

https://github.com/valyard/ReorderableListExample

Bye,

Jean

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Thanks Jean,

Already found it, nice libs, there's also one for hash tables, that's neat. Anyway, if someone's up for team effort, let me know, this is no easy task :)