playMaker

Author Topic: Player selection screen  (Read 1262 times)

boazmars

• Playmaker Newbie
Player selection screen
« on: August 09, 2018, 02:36:26 AM »
Hey everyone,
I'm creating a selection screen, with three different characters, 'cartoon animals' to choose from.

The selection of the 'cartoon animal' should appear in a new scene, and spawn my choice in a specific location on a Game Scene, which is a different scene from the Selection Scene.

Meaning if i choose animal 1, it will spawn in the game scene,
but if i choose animal 2, then it will spawn in the game scene instead.

I have tried many 'actions' and watched a few tutorials, but i can't seem to figure out just how to make it happen.

Would love for some tips or assistance.

Thanks!

daniellogin

Re: Player selection screen
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 03:18:54 AM »
1) Have the selections in scene 1, so you can click on them or etc to choose.

2) Choosing does a Set Int action. Each animal choice will be represented by a number (a Global Int). So Cat is 1, Dog is 2, etc.

3) Start scene 2, unload scene 1.

4) In scene 2, have an FSM which does several Int Compares in the same state; one for each animal. So it will have an Int Compare that checks your global int if it's 1, and set it so Equal makes it go to another state for a Cat. Then another Int Compare to see if it's 2, if it's equal then goes to a state for Dog, and so on.

5) For the Dog state, use the Set Property to enable a gameobject that the dog is in. This gameobject is to be set as disabled by default in the editor. So to clarify, all of your animals have their own gameobject and are in the scene, but they all start disabled and this step will enable one when scene 2 starts.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:22:56 AM by daniellogin »

boazmars

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Player selection screen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:03:39 AM »
sounds pretty good and makes a lot of sense, i'll give it a shot.

Thanks!