Bug Reporting > PlayMaker Bug Reporting

(FIXED) Updating prefab disconnects from anything referencing that prefab

(1/3) > >>

autumnboy:
Hi all,
I'm using Unity 2018.2.2f1
Playermaker : 1.9.0 p4

Also using Nested Prefabs

For some reason whenever I update a prefab where ever that prefab is connected/ referenced in (eg: fsm/array/list) it disconnects.

I don't know whether nested prefabs is having an effect on this. It's been working fine up until updating the project to new unity and playmaker.

Has anyone had this or know of a solution? Should I reimport the whole project?

Cheers,
Josh

Fat Pug Studio:
Yeah i had some issues too, there's gonna be trouble with nested prefabs. What are your prefab settings on the preferences? I recommend to work on the prefab FSM's insted of scene objects, that way everything gets saved.

Nested prefabs are not yet supported with playmaker, i'm actually amazed it works in a way.

autumnboy:
It's been fine on previous versions. I've never had objects disconnect from prefabs. I am currently working on prefab fsms. So it's still weird that things continue to disconnect.

Can you elaborate on the prefab settings in preferences please -

Cheers

Fat Pug Studio:
I unchecked Disconnect Modified Prefab Instances and Disconnect All Modified Prefab Instances In Scene.

But TBH, i'm still having some weird disconnects, i believe i edited and saved the prefab (via instance or in the project) but some time later i find that some edits were not saved. Either i did something wrong, or it should be done in some other manner. We could use an advice if we should do works in prefabs directly or in instances then override.

autumnboy:
Thanks!

I tried them preferences you mentioned. Closed and opened unity. Still no different. :(

In the fsm it says it's missing even though it's a prefab, directly after updating the prefab.

I might do some testing in a fresh project without nested prefabs to see what's causing the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version