playMaker

Author Topic: Is there a Playmaker action that can get hash out of AssetBundle manifest?  (Read 7169 times)

PleaseHelpMe

• Playmaker Newbie
Could you validate that the hash is valid actions works for you?
Please refer to the picture on my steps to reproduce this.
On the top picture I am using "Android" and "test1" (both from set 1) and it returns isValue bool=true as it should.

However, now refer to the bottom picture. The URLs are enlarged to show the Manifest URL is still the same for both tries, however the "test1" url is now different since it is using a new "test1" asset bundle build.

The 2nd picture I am using "Android" (from set 1) and "test1" (from set 2) and it still returns isValue bool=true. Which should be false.

I also made sure to delete all of my Downloaded AssetBundle caches before going the 2nd time so it would download the new "test1" from set 2.

If I am doing the states wrong. Please correct.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

well... I am myself unable to get to the bottom of this currently, something is odd in the way assetbundle needs to be handled, and it seems something either very obvious or totally buggy ( I think the former),

So I don't know what is the right approach to check for hash is valid, and on the unity forum, I haven't found any extensive documentation on this, I only have this ( from where his bundle works actually, I can get to the manifest, but I don't know his bundlename so I can't test for isvalid)

https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-get-assetbundlemanifest.495494/#post-3607006

Bye,

Jean

PleaseHelpMe

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

well... I am myself unable to get to the bottom of this currently, something is odd in the way assetbundle needs to be handled, and it seems something either very obvious or totally buggy ( I think the former),

So I don't know what is the right approach to check for hash is valid, and on the unity forum, I haven't found any extensive documentation on this, I only have this ( from where his bundle works actually, I can get to the manifest, but I don't know his bundlename so I can't test for isvalid)

https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-get-assetbundlemanifest.495494/#post-3607006

Hello, I have gone with a variable approach where the game always downloads a tiny assetbundle about 10KB. This AssetBundle contains a scene with a "version" variable, that is increased if a new update is available. The game then pulls the current "version" variable from playerprefs and compares it. Then it does a true/false statement whether to download or load from cache. This basically does the same thing. Just not as elegant.

Do you think it's possible to do what we talked about earlier?

About when there is an update available, it will delete the cached asset and download and cache the new one in the same Version # instead of incrementing the Version # which still keeps the previous caches and takes up storage space.

Or is it hard for you to do since you are not able to access assetbundles on your end?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

I am getting lost of the thread, it would be good to have a dedicated thread for each of the thing you want to do with assetbbundle.

but yeah, right now working with the manifest seems odd, and I haven't fully grasp how it works unfortunatly, as it seems to require some kind of voodoo I haven't figured out yet.

as for the versioning, have you checked with Eric ( tmeric forum member), he provided some proper support for assetbundle, maybe he has already what you need covered.

Bye,

Jean