PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

Oculus Go and Gear VR Controller Actions

(1/8) > >>

HendrikB:
** UPDATE - 2019/01/28**

For anyone doing Oculus Go or Gear VR projects and who need some custom actions to check for input from the VR controllers, I hope these will be of some use to you in your projects.

You can find all the actions I have created on my Github account: https://github.com/HendrikZA/general-playmaker/tree/master/oculus%20go%20and%20gear%20vr

Here is a list of the current actions I have created for everyone to use.

OculusGoButtonDown.cs
This was the initial action I wrote which contains many of the features of the others below in a single action. I prefer using the smaller actions below as it looks neater in the FSM :)

OculusGoBackButton.cs
Checks if the Oculus Go or Gear VR back button was pressed.

OculusGoCapacitiveTouch.cs
Check if the Oculus Go or Gear VR capacitive touchpad was touched, in which direction and you can also get the actual axis of the touches to use for FPS games etc.

OculusGoDpadButton.cs
Checks if the Dpad button was pressed or released.

OculusGoDpadDirection.cs
Checks if the Dpad button was pressed in a specific direction, such as up, down, right, left, or diagonally.

OculusGoDpadSwipes.cs
Checks if the Dpad was swiped in a specific direction.

OculusGoHMDStatus.cs
Checks if the Oculus Go headset is on the face or has been removed.

OculusGoInputSource.cs
Checks if the right-handed or left-handed controller is connected, or if only the headset is connected, e.g. Gear VR without controller

OculusGoPhysics.cs
Gets various useful statistics about the controller, such as acceleration, rotation, position or velocity.

OculusGoRotationAndDirection.cs
This can be used to detect if the controller has been rotated left or right with some force (for weapon switching, or for quick turns in FPS games as an example). It can also check if the controller is pointing directly up or down (useful for reloading gestures).

OculusGoTriggerButton.cs
Checks if the Oculus Go or Gear VR trigger button has been pressed or released.

WayneAdams:
Heya.. I'm trying to give these a go right now but every time they copy over I get errors saying playmaker does not contain a definition for 'Custom'

I'm an artist with a little bit of programming knowledge and I've never added anything to playmaker outside of the ecosystem so I'm not sure how to fix it.

WayneAdams:
FYI. I got these working by putting them in an existing category and so far they work like a charm. Well done. :)

HendrikB:
Hey Wayne,

Awesome glad you managed to get that to work. Apologies for the super delayed response, I didn't get any notifications for some reason that the thread had been replied to.

I went ahead and changed the Playmaker category to Input so it won't give that error now hopefully for future projects.

I am currently working on a complete action that has everything in it. So you can just drop one action in to a state, and select whatever you need from it. Busy coding it now and need to test it over the week. If all looks good I will update here on the forum and upload the script to Github for easy access too.

Cheers!

HendrikB:
Hi folks,

Ok I have done a complete re-write of the Oculus Go / Gear VR "OculusGoButtonDown" script. It includes all the main things you need, and can check for long press and released states.

Here is the download link from my Github for anyone that wishes to use this action in your projects: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HendrikZA/general-playmaker/master/oculus%20go%20and%20gear%20vr/OculusGoButtonDown.cs

I really struggled however to check when the Touchpad is pressed down in an up, down, left and right position. Swipes are easy to check and are included in the action. But checking if the actual Touchpad is pressed down in each direction is harder. I suspect you need to use the Axis2D for the Touchpad to see where the finger is pressing, and then check if Touchpad is pressed down. I did try that in all kinds of ways and it didn't work though.

If anyone knows the code for OVRInput to check when Touchpad is pressed down in different directions please let me know so I can add it to the action for others to use.

Have a great 2019 ya all! Waiting in anticipation for Oculus Quest :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version