playMaker

Author Topic: 300 fps yet camera hitching. Is it iTween??  (Read 885 times)

daniellogin

300 fps yet camera hitching. Is it iTween??
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
My game wasn't doing this before. I'm only working on it on and off in free time and mostly lately just doing a terrain, but today I go to test some gameplay stuff and see bad hitching. The weirdest thing is that the hitching happens while the FPS never gets below 150 fps. I even turned off my terrain and details to see what the bare bones of the mechanics are doing and it's still hitching the same at 300+ fps.

This is seen by the camera smoothly following and object and then doing a rapid stutter. Looks sort of like it jumps back a few steps then continues on but hard to see because it's fast. Another example is watching a gun rotate and the camera updates is rotation to follow it; this makes it look like the gun is smoothly rotating but then jerks back the wrong way before continuing on. I'm sure it's not literally doing that (since it's actually reading out the rotation vector on the hud) and that isn't jumping but watching it certainly is.

Can this be because I'm using iTween for these actions? Or where else should I look in to?