playMaker

Author Topic: Suddenly half of the framerate is gone  (Read 1559 times)

PolyMad

Suddenly half of the framerate is gone
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:34:07 AM »
Was just working when now I noticed that when I press a key that acts in Playmaker, 40 fps go away in a moment. Any idea how this can happen? I can't recall to have changed anything in the Playmaker settings.
It seems that ANY key processed by Playmaker cuts away a huge amount of frames.

In the beginning I thought it was something related to physics: most of the keys I assigned control a vehicle, so... but it's not the case.
In example, I have a FSM that toggles the visibility of a bunch of meshes, nothing complex: if I press the key assigned to this FSM repeatedly, the framerate drops, and this has nothing to do with physics.

Any idea what can cause anything like this?

Just few minutes ago I made a build that worked perfectly, and now this, appeared from thin air really.

PolyMad

Re: Suddenly half of the framerate is gone
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
Please help, I can't understand what's happening. This really looks like a problem with Playmaker keypresses popped up suddenly.
Any idea what can cause this? Maybe turning on some debug system inadvertently?

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »
Did you run the profiler?
Available for Playmaker work

PolyMad

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
Did you run the profiler?

Doh! I thought the profiler was only available to Pro license... soooo... it's the physics, but I can't understand what happened, I didn't change anything around in the generale physics settings. Ummm... thank you for help!