playMaker

Author Topic: Loving Playmaker  (Read 2793 times)

LuminRabbit

• Lumin Rabbit
Loving Playmaker
« on: October 28, 2018, 11:08:20 PM »
Hi Makers,

Though I registered to this forum in Jan of 2012, I haven't started using Playmaker until a few weeks ago at tops which sounds so crazy it took so long to take the plunge and now that I have Im extremely excited!

I'm not a programmer and never have been but today I created my first Random Level Generator (which took about 3 hours.. yes I'm slow lol) and it stacks them on top of each other in the same scene.

I wanted to get back into gaming and almost purchased Bolt instead of Playmaker but after extensive research realized to use Bolt you need to know how to program and I would be so, so lost in a short while but with Playmaker its a different way of thinking for me and again Im absolutely loving it!!! Playmaker is making it possible for me to make games and I hope to have my first game ready to share with you all in a few months.

Keep up the great work Playmaker hopefully in a short while I can also contribute (right now Im just a little too green behind the ears).
Have I said how much I love playmaker!!! This is one amazing tool

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Loving Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:17:59 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback :) Have fun!

Bye,

Jean

heavygunner

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 12:56:05 PM »
Hi Makers,

Though I registered to this forum in Jan of 2012, I haven't started using Playmaker until a few weeks ago at tops which sounds so crazy it took so long to take the plunge and now that I have Im extremely excited!

I'm not a programmer and never have been but today I created my first Random Level Generator (which took about 3 hours.. yes I'm slow lol) and it stacks them on top of each other in the same scene.

I wanted to get back into gaming and almost purchased Bolt instead of Playmaker but after extensive research realized to use Bolt you need to know how to program and I would be so, so lost in a short while but with Playmaker its a different way of thinking for me and again Im absolutely loving it!!! Playmaker is making it possible for me to make games and I hope to have my first game ready to share with you all in a few months.

Keep up the great work Playmaker hopefully in a short while I can also contribute (right now Im just a little too green behind the ears).
Good to know :)

Same here. Hired other programmers do game from 2013. Imagine how the game's quality when you pay $100 for $1000 work. Ya, all games failed. Finally broken and decided to quit game biz.

That time my Facebook friend and This forum member @volcank introduced Playmaker. I tried. I loving it :)

I am happy :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:54:29 AM »
Hi,

Cool! what happened with hiring coders?! did it just go over the budget?

Bye,

Jean

heavygunner

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 12:02:01 PM »
Hi,

Cool! what happened with hiring coders?! did it just go over the budget?

Bye,

Jean
I only paid dog price for horse. So, they delivered me dog  ;D

for example : for a 3D Car race game with 20 levels, I paid around $120.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 01:51:28 PM »
Hi.
I paid around $120.

For coding the game from scratch?
That's really low,
I would have to it in less than 3 hours, without playmaker it would be virtually impossible for me if you want something decent :)

heavygunner

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »
Hi.
I paid around $120.

For coding the game from scratch?
That's really low,
I would have to it in less than 3 hours, without playmaker it would be virtually impossible for me if you want something decent :)
Yes. It is very low :(
I realized a programmer's pain only once started to learn Playmaker and study Programming Logics*

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 12:24:04 AM »
Hi,

ok, yeah, $120 is just not going to get you anywhere at all...you need to add 2 zeros to get to a price where you can start expecting tangible results and get a finished product.

Bye,

Jean