PlayMaker Feedback > Action Requests

Get FSM Array Variable by String Name (Not Just by Index)

(1/3) > >>

westingtyler:
Get FSM Array Variable by String Name (Not Just by Index)

This would save us having to copy over the entire array to a different fsm, just to do an Array Contains search on it.

EDIT: this is even harder than I thought. It seems we can only use Array Contains by index or exact type match (game object array contains this game object?) rather than saying "game object array contains game object named X?"

We need to be able to check ANY array type for an entry with a certain NAME, whether it's an array of prefabs, textures, strings, etc. Please help.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I am confused, can you give a concrete example with proper variable names, types and fsm, the I'll be able to understand more.

Typically though if you want FsmArray to be a central part of your game data, you are better off using ArrayMaker which by design is decentralized ( it's its own component), and they offer a lot more flexibility both with array with multiple types and more advanced features to work with the data, as well as hashtables.

Bye,

Jean

waveform:
you mean FSM array? here is maybe something u need

westingtyler:
Thanks, I have most of those ecosystem actions, but I don't see any that can do this.

I just need to get an array's item by a string of the name of its contents, rather than by its ID. I need to check an array to see if any of its entries is called X string (even if it's NOT a string array), then get THAT index entry, whether it's a game object, a texture, etc. I'll look into ArrayMaker as well, but for now this is the only thing I need.

Here is a picture of the action I need, edited by me:

jeanfabre:
Hi,

sorry I just don't get it...

could you show me the array content? to me it looks like you just need to use the ArrayContains to find the index of an array item

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version