playMaker

Author Topic: Help with jittery Horiztonal 2D movement needed  (Read 1529 times)

Snowbird

• Playmaker Newbie
Help with jittery Horiztonal 2D movement needed
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:47:39 PM »
So I have been having trouble with slightly jittery camera, which brought me on massive chase as to what the problem actually was. Turns out (at least I think) that it is likely just my object that isn't moving super smoothly.

I've been using this simple FSM for as long as I can remember:

I have edited some physics 2d settings, some rigid body settings, and some input settings, so I can post a link to those as well if needed. HOWEVER, I made a new scene and I could tell even in a completely empty scene with nothing going on, and with a completely still camera, it looked like the character wasn't moving 100% smoothly, even if velocity remained completely unchanged in the debug playmaker window.

Is there a way for me to have more smooth movement?

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
Re: Help with jittery Horiztonal 2D movement needed
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »
Have you tested making a build and see if it's still jittery movement? In the editor there are things going on in the background while testing play. Maximize on test works fairly well though, but to be 100% sure I would make a build.

Snowbird

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:50:54 PM »
Have you tested making a build and see if it's still jittery movement? In the editor there are things going on in the background while testing play. Maximize on test works fairly well though, but to be 100% sure I would make a build.

No I haven't made a build but I'd imagine it would be the same. I have a very powerful computer that's only a month old—you think that would be it? Even on a completely clean scene it still looks somewhat choppy. That would be crazy if it had to be like that the whole time I developed the project, never knowing if it's choppy or not unless I built it.

Snowbird

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »
Made a video of it on a completely new and clean project. It might not look as choppy in the video because of youtube FPS, but it definitely is.

Snowbird

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:34:04 PM »

K I tried this now and it seems to have worked pretty well. Isn't 100% perfect but is like 95% better, much more smooth.