playMaker

Author Topic: Hashtable get texture just won't work [SOLVED]  (Read 1280 times)

homeworld

• Playmaker Newbie
Hashtable get texture just won't work [SOLVED]
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:09:42 PM »

Hi! As the picture shows, i just cannot get 'hash table get' to pick anything up from my table of textures.

At first i tried sprite, but it seems like 'hashtable get' does not support sprite at all.

Then i switched to textures like in the pic above, but no matter what i did, it'd result in nothing. I tried a 'hash table get type', and it always returns a gameobject for some reason.

I tried all permutations of 'Default', 'Sprite' and 'Editor GUI and legacy GUI' on the texture files, nothing works.

PLEASE HELP!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:33:29 PM by homeworld »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Hashtable get texture just won't work
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 05:18:24 AM »
Hi,
I did a quick test and it seems to work on my end (unity 2018.2.18f1, PlayMaker 1.9, latest array maker (downloaded today))

on the 'Hash Table Get' can you try to set the key manually?

Also be sure the the reference (both inspector and actions) has no space, same for key.

Sprite is also supported, maybe the images need to be set to sprite or maybe you have an older array maker version?

If you could not get it to work, what unity/playmaker version are you using?

homeworld

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Hashtable get texture just won't work [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 03:33:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply djaydino! Sorry for the late response, i fell sick with food poisoning over the last two days and i could barely get out of bed

Everything seemed to be updated, and i fiddled it for awhile based on your suggestions until figuring out what the problem was. The hash table proxy was placed on a disabled gameobject, and i didn't realise that the fsm would not be able to pick up anything from that table. Relocating the hash table proxy to an active game object seems to work just fine, both with texture and sprite.

Thank you again for the help!