PlayMaker News > General Discussion

huh? "Assertion failed on expression: '!go.TestHideFlag(Object::kNotEditable)'"

(1/4) > >>

gumbomasta:
This error appears twice when building the game as a standalone application. I've only started to run the game and it seems nothing related to the FSMs are affected, and no errors appear in runtime.

What's going on here?  Guidance appreciated!

Assertion failed on expression: '!go.TestHideFlag(Object::kNotEditable)'
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()

Assertion failed on expression: '!go.TestHideFlag(Object::kNotEditable)'
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
PlayMakerFSM:GetEventHandlerComponent(GameObject) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:469)
PlayMakerFSM:AddEventHandlerComponent() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:447)
PlayMakerFSM:AddEventHandlerComponents() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:385)
PlayMakerFSM:Preprocess() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:225)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerBuildCallbacks:OnPostprocessScene() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerBuildCallbacks.cs:34)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Unity version:

2018.3.0b6

Playmaker Version: 

jeanfabre:
Hi,

check this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug-problem-with-indirectly-adding-components.544168/

apparently you are doing something that is now not allowed anymore.

Bye,

Jean

gumbomasta:
So I get that this error is thrown when trying to add a component to a prefab.  In this case, this is error is thrown specifically when a build of the game takes place.  Never any other time.

The question I now have is... where does PlayMaker come into this, given all these PM messages are part of this error?

Could it be that the Prefab in question has a PM script attached? 

thanks!

jeanfabre:
Hi,

It's likely that you try to edit a prefab asset instead of the instance of it during runtime. I don't think this is PlayMaker by itself that provoke this.

so you need to go through your fsm and check that you are actually working with prefab instances, not the assets directly. It happened to me a lot, but I never had that issue per say, so you might do something to the prefab that I did not.

Bye,

Jean

Gua:
Got same errors, when making a build of the game on 2018.3 and Playmaker 1.9. Have no idea how to solve it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version