playMaker

Author Topic: current iTween replacement [SOLVED]  (Read 5979 times)

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
current iTween replacement [SOLVED]
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »
Hello folks!

I last used iTween 2 years ago and since it's been removed. I found some older threads saying you can get them again from the bottom of the Playmaker add-ons list, but this gives me an error message:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTween/iTweenMoveTo.cs(64,24): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenMoveTo.OnDrawGizmos()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

I looked at the other Tweens, HOTween seems to be dead and all there is on the website is:

2018 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither the service provider nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).

Privacy Policy

In fact, when I first tried to open it, it even tried to trick me to download some junkware (safe search).

The third one, LeanTween is 13 euros, which I don't want to pay, I already paid for Playmaker, thank you very much.

What should I do if I want to use actions like iTween had?

Edit: Trying to get the iTween patch actually broke my project completely! I got a compiler error that I couldn't resolve, so I tried re-opening my project. The playmaker window is gone, an error message

The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in this project
UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

Trying to re-import playmaker resulted in 8 more critical errors, all ending with 'Are you missing an assembly reference?'

WTF is going on here? I'm getting angry now... Did I just kill my project?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:02:38 AM by Alex Chouls »

heavygunner

Re: current iTween replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:58:20 PM »
iTween no longer supported.
You can use Dotween from Asset store & Dotween Actions.
https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=10303.msg82029#msg82029

Once downloaded above folder, Delete this file Assets/Dotween Actions/DotweenPathTransformTo.cs

or

There is a paid asset on Asset called Playmaker Actions for DOTween by Doozy
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/playmaker-actions-for-dotween-by-doozy-49222

You don't need to kill the project anyway ;)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
iTween is still supported, we just don't ship with it included by default.

If you don't already have iTween in your project you need to import it from the Asset Store before importing the PlayMaker iTween add-on. The iTween add-on should ask you if you have already imported iTween when you import it.

If you didn't import iTween that is probably the source of the errors.
Try importing it now from the Asset Store.

If that doesn't fix the errors, please post the first error in full. Other errors often stem from the first error. Always work your way through errors from top to bottom. Fixing an error at the top often fixes the other errors in the list. Please also post the versions of Unity and PlayMaker you're using.

It is unlikely anything you imported broke your project, we just need to work through the issues - hang in there!

EDIT: We removed iTween from the default installation because there are many more tweening options now, most of which have better performance than iTween. We also have native tweening actions coming in the next update.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:45:07 PM by Alex Chouls »

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
iTween is still supported, we just don't ship with it included by default.

If you don't already have iTween in your project you need to import it from the Asset Store before importing the PlayMaker iTween add-on. The iTween add-on should ask you if you have already imported iTween when you import it.

If you didn't import iTween that is probably the source of the errors.
Try importing it now from the Asset Store.

If that doesn't fix the errors, please post the first error in full. Other errors often stem from the first error. Always work your way through errors from top to bottom. Fixing an error at the top often fixes the other errors in the list. Please also post the versions of Unity and PlayMaker you're using.

It is unlikely anything you imported broke your project, we just need to work through the issues - hang in there!

But importing the iTween patch from the bottom of the add-ons list of playmaker most certainly did break the project!

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTween/iTweenMoveTo.cs(64,24): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenMoveTo.OnDrawGizmos()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

is the error message I got after I tried to add iTween back. After this I couldn't playtest my project since it counts as a complier error.

I closed and re-opened the project and what I described in the Edit happened:

The editor layout could not be fully loaded, this can happen when the layout contains EditorWindows not available in this project
UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

The playmaker drop down is completely gone from the top, attempting to re-import it gave 8 critical errors. Since then I closed and re-opened the project again, but now the asset store is simply telling me that everything from Playmaker is already in my project!

I'm very confused.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 01:49:25 PM »
What is the first error in the list?
What version of Unity and PlayMaker are you using?
By broken, I meant permanently, once you fix the errors the project should be okay.
I just tried importing PlayMaker, iTween and the iTween Add-on here and it worked fine, so there's something we need to fix in your setup.

EDIT: The WindowLayout error is not that important if that's the first error. That just means the PlayMaker Editor window is not available (since other errors mean it isn't getting compiled). Any errors in the project will block editor scripts from being compiled (even if the errors are in other scripts). So we have to work through the errors to get the editor scripts to compile again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:57:08 PM by Alex Chouls »

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 01:53:24 PM »
What is the first error in the list?
What version of Unity and PlayMaker are you using?
By broken, I meant permanently, once you fix the errors the project should be okay.
I just tried importing PlayMaker, iTween and the iTween Add-on here and it worked fine, so there's something we need to fix in your setup.

This is a brand new project, I updated both Unity and Playmaker Today.

There is only the one error message in the project right now:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTween/iTweenMoveTo.cs(64,24): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenMoveTo.OnDrawGizmos()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to overrideAssets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTween/iTweenMoveTo.cs(64,24): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenMoveTo.OnDrawGizmos()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 01:59:56 PM »
So you have Unity 2018.3 and PlayMaker 1.9.0p6?
That's what I just tested with...

You could be running into an Asset Store bug where it's trying to import Playmaker for another version of Unity. Did you update PlayMaker while running 2018.3?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 02:01:11 PM »
Also to double check, did you Install PlayMaker after importing it?

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 03:03:38 PM »
I already have some FSMs in the scene, so Playmaker did work for a good while, until I decided to look into i-Tween as a potential for a jumping script.

Unity is 2018.3.1f1

Playmaker I cannot check because the tab is gone and trying to import playmaker gives me the 'nothing to import' window.

I created a new unity project today, was prompted to update so I did (on a blank project) then I downloaded Playmaker, installed it, played around with it, then I thought I'd like to have i-Tween, went to the add-on section, scrolled to the bottom, installed the add-on for i-Tween and everything fell apart as I already described.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:05:45 PM by Vajrajina »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »
Can you zip the project and email it to me?
Will be easier than going back and forth...

To double-check: you started a new project, imported and installed PlayMaker, imported iTween, then imported the iTween Addon?

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
Can you zip the project and email it to me?
Will be easier than going back and forth...

To double-check: you started a new project, imported and installed PlayMaker, imported iTween, then imported the iTween Addon?

I tried importing iTween itself, or at least that was my intent. I used the ctrl+f function in your add-ons browser for 'tween' and the only thing iTween available was on the very bottom. I tried installing that, which I assumed was i-tween itself and the project was broken after that.

I'll email it to you in a second.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:23:21 PM by Vajrajina »

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
can you pm me your email please?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
Okay, I think there have been a few misunderstandings!

iTween is a separate product in the Asset Store made by another company. Search for iTween in the Asset Store and import that.

PlayMaker iTween support can be found in PlayMaker > Welcome Screen > Add-ons. I've attached a screenshot.

It sounds like maybe you imported a very old patch file from our wiki for Unity 3.4.2?

Can you try again with the above steps?

Vajrajina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 07:25:18 AM »

iTween is a separate product in the Asset Store made by another company. Search for iTween in the Asset Store and import that.

PlayMaker iTween support can be found in PlayMaker > Welcome Screen > Add-ons. I've attached a screenshot.

It sounds like maybe you imported a very old patch file from our wiki for Unity 3.4.2?

Hello Alex, just to confirm your instructions via email worked!

I had to delete 2 folders:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTween
Assets/PlayMaker/Include

Then import iTween from the actual asset store, then do the patching in the window Alex posted. This resolved my problem.

Stamasar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020, 05:35:29 AM »

Hi.
I use iTween by Vortex Studios. It results with a huge list of errors on cloud build. I am not familiar with coding but from what i understand, i guess it uses old, deprecated methods to do stuff.

You sugest to install iTween from the asset store.

You mean Vortex Studios version: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/itween-editor-50101

or PixelPlacement`s: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/itween-84 ?

Thank you