playMaker

Author Topic: Auto Adjusting Camera Movement for Click to Move Game  (Read 1201 times)

jethdaflip

• Playmaker Newbie
Auto Adjusting Camera Movement for Click to Move Game
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:42:47 AM »
I'm making a Top Down Click to Move game where the Camera moves and rotates based on where the player is, kind of like in this ( ), but mainly for point and click game.

I've been trying to figure out how to do a FixedUpdate to Smoothly follow a player and adjust height like in this video ( ). How would I do this in Playmaker where the Camera adjusts itself when a wall or obstacle is in the way.

Can anyone explain how this works? ( ). I tried doing it, but I got stuck.

What does the "Update Camera" and "Check Player" do in the video?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Auto Adjusting Camera Movement for Click to Move Game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 02:27:25 AM »
Hi,

for this, you should learn Cinemachine, it will give you all the tools to do exactly that without coding or PlayMaker, with obstacle avoidance if its obstruct the camera target, etc etc.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation/using-cinemachine-getting-started

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.cinemachine@2.1/api/Cinemachine.CinemachineCollider.html

You can get the playmaker support for Cinemachine on the Ecosystem if you need to control it or get feedback from it.

Bye,

Jean

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:27:09 AM »
You beat me to it Jean!

Cinemachine is a total lifesaver! I used to create my own camera rigs in Playmaker now with Cinemachine it does nearly all the heavy lifting for me  :-)

Cheers,

Simon

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 04:32:06 AM »
Hi,

yeah, Cinemachine is a true revolution in the intuitive camera setup, quite amazing!

Bye,

Jean