playMaker

Author Topic: Procedural Animation with Humanoid help  (Read 1530 times)

Schleckenmiester

• Playmaker Newbie
    • schleck.dev
Procedural Animation with Humanoid help
« on: February 25, 2019, 08:49:37 PM »
I recently saw this video which interests me with procedural animation but I'm new to Unity and am really curios as to how I can achieve this. But there are no tutorials on this subject anywhere and this video is the closest it gets. Does anyone know how I could possibly achieve animation like the guy did with his rabbit in the video?
Check out my blog, I'm making a game with Playmaker! https://schleck.dev

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Procedural Animation with Humanoid help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:56:43 AM »
 Hi,

ok, very interesting talk indeed.

To achieve this, you'll need to become an expert and seasoned developer, there is not much more to it really :) basically, you are witnessing the best of breeds, so there is no real shortcuts to this, unless he's willing to share his code.

to reverse engineer his work, you need to follow his timeline on how he explained his approach, and you need to follow that.

- move around with no animation
 - do a simple tilt
 - start making walk cycle with few keyframes
 - blend poses based on context.

Each of these points above should be taken individually and one step at a time, I would recommand that you make specific threads on each of your struggle, instead of one long threads with multiple topics. As always, I encourage to divide your tasks into small digestable chuncks to avoid getting frustration and instead promote small rewarding steps with a clear long term goal ( which is learning Unity and PlayMaker, not making just that character controller).

Feel free to ping me when you make these threads and if you don't get a reply. I found this talk very inspiring and very well detailed ( though without working sample, which is understandable in a way... this is quality stuff indeed)

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Procedural Animation with Humanoid help
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 03:19:30 AM »
Hi.
You can find several animator Tutorials which can help you get there for the animations.
You can find several animator actions to set the animator Paramaters and more.