playMaker

Author Topic: Odd deactivation bug?[SOLVED]  (Read 1524 times)

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
Odd deactivation bug?[SOLVED]
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:33:34 PM »
Im not sure if this is playmaker or not, i use playmaker for everything.   Randomly, and rare.  My player just deactivates, and all the children too, bones and everything.   If i pause and reactivate it all, it does it again a few seconds later.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:54:27 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Odd deactivation bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 01:20:50 AM »
Hi,

it's 99% a logical issue, where something in your components or fsm that disable that gameobject. It could be one of the component you use from Unity or third party and not necessarly from one of your fsm.

try to isolate your player in a new scene and see if you get that again, if yes, make a copy, try again, and cut down features until it stops, which will mean it's the last feature you removed that was the problem.

Bye,

Jean

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 02:04:26 PM »
Ok, thx for the tips

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:39:16 AM »
Found it.  On a enemy base i had a fsm for deactivation on player distance.  Being split screen the fsm was simple.    Find closest object with tag (the two players). And compare the distance to 80. Equal or less.  Activate. Then same thing to deactivate. But 100 equal or greater.   Sometimes tho, when to circled back to the deactivate, it shows the distance to the player as “infinity”.  Then deactivated the base AND the player, aswel as every bone and object in the player.     

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:20 AM »
Hi,

good, Were you able to fix it?

Bye,.

Jean

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 12:38:16 PM »
yup, ive had nothing but bad luck with the get distance actions, I switched to a spherical collider, and just check the if anything of Player tag is in the collider now. works good