playMaker

Author Topic: Start and end of rounded line or primitive always at the center of two objects  (Read 2086 times)

AndroYD

• Playmaker Newbie
As illustrated in the picture below, Unity scale tools doesn't even allow to resize an object manually with this amount of precision.

The Ecosystem browser "Draw line" action can only draw straight or pointy lines, no way to make them rounded.
I've read that Vectrosity could do that, but Playmaker actions for it are obsolete, and seriously, I can't even draw a simple rounded line on Unity without paying? It's been driving me completely insane that to screw a lightbulb I must rotate the house.
Would it be possible to make this an action for Playmaker, please? Lines or primitives/prefabs/objects are both are fine.

AndroYD

• Playmaker Newbie
The reason I'm requesting this action, is because there's no simple solution to problem shown on the GIF below:

Something so simple and dumb requires lots of overcomplicated scripting and workarounds, this applies to anything where you require to link geometries or rounded lines together.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
Look pretty complicated indeed.

If you could find some unity samples maybe we can find a solution

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

for this, you will need to have a several step process.

your yellow sphere is a child of a invisible dummy with a position offset of -0.5 on the z axis so that the sphere is starting right on the parent pivot

1: scale the dummy on the z axis to the distance between your end points, this will stretch the yellow sphere from one side
2: the dummy is a child of the start point, use a look at action to make it look at the end point.

but that's a lot of work, just because in fact, this should be done in your 3d software editor like c4d or 3ds max really.

Bye,

Jean