playMaker

Author Topic: Build Error in 2018.3  (Read 1847 times)

Thrax

• Playmaker Newbie
Build Error in 2018.3
« on: March 24, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »
Hey guys i have been having issues with getting unity to build in 2018.3. Everything runs fine in the editor but when i go to build it takes hours and fires off thousands of errors. The error keeps saying i have missing scripts which i did but i cleaned them up but playmaker doesnt seem to notice.

You are trying to replace or create a Prefab from the instance 'OLOS CAGE 2' that references a missing script. This is not allowed.
Please change the script or remove it from the GameObject.
UnityEditor.PrefabUtility:SaveAsPrefabAsset(GameObject, String)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerBuildCallbacks:OnPostprocessScene() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerBuildCallbacks.cs:50)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

any help is much appreciated.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Build Error in 2018.3
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 07:00:44 PM »
Are you able to share your project?
I'm trying to track down build problems in 2018.3, but so far haven't been able to repro here... having a project to test with would be very helpful!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 05:24:25 AM »
Hi,

I am currently trying to challenge 2018.3 playmaker and prefabs and can't fault it.

if the missing script related to PlayMaker?

there is this ticket on the error you are getting:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/unable-to-attach-scripts-to-prefabs-created-with-unity-5-dot-4-and-earlier

this is what Unity wrote:

Resolution Note:

BY DESIGN: Prefabs can not be saved with missing scripts. In this case, a missing script was in a prefab's child and prevent it from being saved. in addition, an error in Console was shown: You are trying to replace or create a Prefab from the instance 'Sub Object' that references a missing script. This is not allowed. Please change the script or remove it from the GameObject. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

It seems to me that this issue is not playmaker related, but because playmaker is involved in the post processing, the error is initiated as a result, but the source of the error is your missing scripts.

If the missing script is related to PlayMaker, can you tell us which one is missing if you happen to know?

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 01:50:33 AM »
Hi,

ok, so I confirm that if you remove all missing scripts component from prefabs, you will be able to compile properly. If there is a missing script, then it fails to compile.

We have a beta version that work around that Unity restriction ( see bug report link on previous link, it explains that).

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 01:54:19 AM »
Hi,

if you have trouble locating which prefabs have missing scripts, there are lots of tools for that on the Asset store:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/find-missing-components-26205

Bye,

Jean