playMaker

Author Topic: Error passing a GO array to a template [SOLVED]  (Read 2356 times)

10high

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Cult Manager - Google Play
Error passing a GO array to a template [SOLVED]
« on: April 09, 2019, 09:05:49 AM »
Hi, I recently updated Unity to 2017.4.24f1 and since then I've been getting the errors:
get_isEditor is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead." (followed by object name)
and
"Error Loading Action: (state name): HutongGames.PlayMakerActions.RunFSM : fsmTemplate Control"

The errors appear for all states in which I pass an array of game objects to a template (which moves animated sprites).

If a scene is already loaded when I run it, there is no problem. But if a scene loads during e.g. testing, then it breaks the game.

Is passing an array of game objects to a template bad practice that Unity never noticed before or is it a bug resulting from updating Unity?

I'm hoping for help resolving this because it's always worked very well and I would like to avoid having to work around it. Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:01:20 PM by 10high »
Cult Manager

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Error passing a GO array to a template
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 02:56:59 AM »
Hi,

have you updated playmaker? which version is it? what was the previous version of Unity prio upgrading to 2017?

Bye,

Jean

10high

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 06:47:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply - was worried my query was going to disappear there.

First I updated Playmaker to version 1.9.0.p13 I had to update it through a couple of different version to get there. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember which Playmaker version I started at. I updated using the Playmaker welcome screen.

Then I updated Unity from version 2017.3.1f1 to 2017.4.24f1

Does that help? (I have already "updated all fsms in build".)

Note: I've been working on this project for a couple of years now and have updated Unity and Playmaker a few times.
Cult Manager

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:06:43 AM »
Hi,

uhm, that's odd...

I would definitly remove PlayMaker from the assets ( careful with the global resource if you have global variables and events, take that out of the playmaker folder, as well as templates that might be saved in there too).

and reinstall playmaker, it will not fire the wizard, so you have to manually import the package inside PlayMaker/Editor/Install ( but make sure you have reimported it from the asset store first)

Bye,

Jean

10high

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 07:33:58 AM »
Thank you - I will try that. I just need clarification on this part (which I don't understand):

reinstall playmaker, it will not fire the wizard, so you have to manually import the package inside PlayMaker/Editor/Install ( but make sure you have reimported it from the asset store first)

Sorry, but could spell it out a little more clearly.

Thanks again.
Cult Manager

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 01:45:14 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker has a two step install procedure,

1: get it from the Asset store
2: run the wizard to install it

when there is an error in your Project, step 1 is ok, but step 2 won't work because Editor scripts can't run while there are errors in the console, so you have to manually execute step 2, by importing the package located in Assets/Playmaker/Editor/install

Bye,

Jean

10high

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 11:59:42 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to help me. Much appreciated.

As I'm in the middle of doing other stuff and won't be able to try this for a while, I'm going to mark this as solved. Fingers crossed that that's the case.
Cult Manager