PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

converting string to many variables

(1/1)

Filto:
I need to convert a long string message into different variables and events. How do I go about parsing this in playmaker?

jeanfabre:
Hi,

It's going to be quite tricky, and would require custom actions. Do you have such a degree of possibilities that you  have to reference variable by string? how many of them do you expect accessing? same with events.

bye,

Jean

Filto:
Hi jean!

I found your arraymaker which had functions for parsing text into an array which worked nicely for me. Thanks so much for those actions!
Maybe I expressed myself badly. What I really wanted to do was split up a long list of different functions devided by a delimiter. So thanks for that. We have a coder here at work who have started looking into this. She created a custom action for searching for part of text in an array which works nicely so I'm sure it will be solved now that she is onboard :)

If people are interested I can post custom actions later. Searching for part of string was quite handy for instance

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Do not hesitate to share, even if no one is asking for it. It's always welcome, and a very positive attitude :)

bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version