PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Make the string box selection behavior work as in Unity

(1/1)

MaDDoX:
This is a minor workflow annoyance, at least for me, but since it should be a quick fix (hopefully), I'll make the request. Whenever you select a string field in Unity's inspector, it selects the whole content of the field, but if you click the field again it goes back to the standard single-character selection cursor. From then on, if you want to full-select all you have to do is double-click the field. This is the optimal behavior in my opinion, yet in Playmaker no matter how many times you click on a string field it'll *always* full-select it.

You can still drag-select, but it's truly annoying as it is and I don't see a point to have it working differently from the standard Unity behavior.

jeanfabre:
Hi Maddox,

Made that request as well :) can't find the post now.. maybe I sent an email about it, can't remember.  Alex is aware of this from what I recall, hopefully he has/will find a way, cause that also drives me mad.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls:
I'll look into this. I'm just using the standard EditorGUILayout.TextField, but maybe I'm doing something that breaks its behavior. Need to check how it behaves in a simple test case by itself...

Alex Chouls:
Fixed in next update.

jeanfabre:
Thank you Alex.

I ( without a doubt "We" actually) really appreciate your commitment and hard work!

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version