playMaker

Author Topic: Obtaining data from iOS devices (mem, wifi, battery, etc.)  (Read 3696 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Obtaining data from iOS devices (mem, wifi, battery, etc.)
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »

Hi!

Is there a way to obtain an iOS device's data such as hour, wifi connection, battery levels, bluetooth, memory use (storage and RAM), CPU use, etc.? I've been looking for such actions but found absolutely none.
And with that, is it possible to also keep an eye on any change through C# events that Playmaker could recognize?

I'm mostly interested in the memory and battery parts, but anything else will be gladly welcome. One could find discrete bits of scripts in C# that call functions or else from within libraries but they remain immensely confusing. :(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Obtaining data from iOS devices (mem, wifi, battery, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
Hi,

you'll need a plugin for that like u3dxt or IOs Native:

http://u3dxt.com/api/topic=html/AllMembers_T_U3DXT_iOS_Native_UIKit_UIDevice.htm

then, if you know c# you can create custom actions, else, come back to this forum to make custom action request ( pm me if you don't get any contributions)

Bye,

Jean

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »

You're totally correct and I've been looking into those precisely.

By looking at the documentation for Stan's Asset iOS Native, it turns out that in the very large amount of functionalities covered, there isn't any solution to collecting that kind of data, either in Native System Events or System Utilities.

As for U3DXT, I've been looking into it, there seems to be what I want, but it's pure code and apparently not of the simplest kind!
At least there seems to be descriptions about ways to gather values, subscribe to events (necessary too) and send data to Xcode's log.

Hitcent's free iOS4Unity probably does something similar too.

But none of them have Playmaker actions ready to use.

In all cases, it seems I'm loking for data that belongs to the UIDevice category of things.

And, with this in mind, there would have to be some way of sending data to log so we could at least read what's going on in Xcode's log console, after a build is made and pushed onto the test device.

Whoever would produce those custom actions, they would certainly be a great public addition for the community at large!

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 09:48:50 AM »

On a side note, all of this might be more precisely related to the UIKit.
There's another plugin, not free, iOS Must Have full pack, from AntiLunchbox, that claims to cover said kit.
I'm not sure what to do about it, the documentation for the plugin itself isn't ready yet.  :/