PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Playmaker car physics? [SOLVED]

(1/2) > >>

bartleycollin:
Hello friends! I'm in the process of planning an RC car game. Ive been planning for a game for a while now, and I felt good about it... until.... I thought about the physics engine. And how I would control my car. I thought maybe I'll use edy's physics engine, but I simply can't afford it at this time. So siply my question is... Would it be Possible, to control my car (some what realistically)  with playmaker. I just need some pointers. Like what actions to start with ect. I can do the rest. Thanks! :)

SKaterSam:
The best way I can think of to do this would be to just add a rigidbody, and set the weights just right. Nothing too hard.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Well, you'll likely have to go way further then simply adding a rigidbody :)  setting up a realistic car simulation is tuff, very tuff.

I would strongly recommend you get a ready made car physics framework from the asset store. If you want to mess around with physics, Unity and PlayMaker, by all mean, I will be happy to help you, and I am sure some descent results can be achieved, but I would personnaly invest in Edy's vehicle physics or UnityCar if you feel like spending :)

Speaking of RC :) being an addict myself, I would be very interesting to see what you have done indeed :) so if there is anything you can share, like screenshots or playable version, don't hesitate :) Back in the years I builded each and every parts of my RC car, it took me 3 years  :'( but it was my way to learn 3ds Max, everything was bones driven and constraint to have real suspensions movements and such... quite a beast, too bad I did not optimised it for real time rendering, at the time, I was only making it to work in max... oh well...

http://fabrejean.net/new/gallerie_viewer.php?section=mugen_A_dio6

bye,

Jean

bartleycollin:
Alright thanks Jean. Yeah I kind of figured I couldnt just use playmaker to control my car. And I d love to share screenshots, but I have to finish my other game first :) Im making an 8bit sports game! its going great! once I start production On the rc car game, ill make a thread on here.  Thank you for clearing this all up for me :)

derkoi:
I started an RC car simulation earlier in the year. I bought the two main packages Edy's Vehicle physics and UnityCar 1.2 (now 2.0).

I had so many issues with making everything the correct scale (copied the weight & dimensions from my Hoboa Hyper 7 1/8th Nitro buggy), the physics made the cars bounce around even when not being driven. I tried making the everything as thought they were real sized cars, this made it look odd as the cars were not moving like an RC car, so I increased the gravity, but it still didn't look right. In the end I put it on the shelf, hoping to come back to it one day.

So what I'm trying to say is... It's not as easy as a real sized car game (which is what I'm working on now).

Since I tried this, Unitycar 2.0 has been released, but I suspect it will still have issues with the smaller scale, even the developer couldn't suggest any settings to get it working. :(

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version