playMaker

Author Topic: Group State Node (for small screen user ^^)  (Read 5238 times)

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Group State Node (for small screen user ^^)
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »
Hi !

Just something i was thinking, so it could a bit clean up the work view of an FSM when you start to have quite a bit of block on screen and you are using like a macbook 15inches screen :)

well that will be handy to be able to create like region of block and reduce that on screen to a single region block that we can toggle on / off , just to be able to keep things tight together.

at first this could be handy when using various global transition wiring a bunch of block on an FSM and you don't need to see all of them at once when working

maybe this already possible and i missed this ?

cheers,

guillaume

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Group State Node (for small screen user ^^)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:12:40 AM »
Hi Guillaume,

Currently not possible unfortunatly. The way to go for it now might be to split your fsm into several and have to talk to each other.

What I would welcome is not just a grouping system but also group being handled as self contained reusable gameobject-independant fsm. like small functional widgets.

Bye,

Jean

wyliam

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Group State Node (for small screen user ^^)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »
...also group being handled as self contained reusable gameobject-independant fsm. like small functional widgets.

Absolutely!!! I'd love to have this. I end up having multiple FSMs that I push through states by various sources to perform functions. For example, "spawn unit" occurs so often, I simply have a game object set the spawn/type variables of that FSM and send a "create unit" event.

Dirty, but flexible and contained....