playMaker

Author Topic: Roar Engine specific actions  (Read 5264 times)

SubZero

• Playmaker Newbie
Roar Engine specific actions
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:23:20 AM »
As the title states I would appreciate some Roar Engine specific actions as it is one of the best social media driven backends an unity indie could ask for.

Check out their system here:roarengine.com!

I already managed to hook up the login, register & logout functions with my FSM via the get & set properties.
I would love to include these as Playmaker actions but I don't know how to built new actions around these functions.

I will continue to built my project via the Get & Set property features, just wanted to mention it would be cool to have specific Playmaker actions for Roar engines social and commerce gateways! 8)

Cheers!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Roar Engine specific actions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:24:52 AM »
Hi,

Indeed, Roar looks like a powerful system, I met with them at Unite and we talked about porting Roar to Unity, only I haven't had the time to properly start on this... The task is overwhelming indeed...

maybe you could give me directions as what you would like to see ported and accessible as a first digestable step?

bye,

Jean

SubZero

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 05:43:22 AM »
By now they released an updated version of their SDK (V. 0.2) side by side with an early preview of their widgets which allow login & registration as well as stats display without the need to code a single line.

Thanks for offering your help! If I may make any suggestions then the direction I would give you would look like this:

1. An Event send by the login wigdet to an Playmaker FSM upon successful login. If possible there should be a way to store the given authentication token inside the FSM for further interaction with the roar engine.

2. Playmaker Actions for displaying & editing stats, resources etc.

3. Most Important: Actions to run/complete tasks (and receive the result)

I would love to work together with you on this. I already managed to hook up a website for online registration & login as well as a bridge to superrewards.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:06:24 AM »
Hi,

ok, sound like a good start. Can you share already a working scene or some script samples?

bye,

Jean

SubZero

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
I will have to do alot clean up before I can show you anything! :D

---------------------

Edit:  I don't see a way how I can export the scene without exporting all the unneeded assets too. I don't want to send you 300 Mbs of art files! ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:21:41 PM by SubZero »

SubZero

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
Dunno if this can help you but this zip contains all needed files to setup roar engine yourself plus a menu template for playmaker which I want to react upon an event sent by roar engine upon successful login.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for that, I will have a look within the next few days, get back to me beginning of next week if you don't hear anything from me.

bye,

Jean