playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 4 - error pause all the time[SOLVED]  (Read 4909 times)

Kubold

Unity 4 - error pause all the time[SOLVED]
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »
Hey!
I just switched to Unity 4 with the newest Playmaker. What I discovered right away, is that almost every setup that is bigger than 3 (or so) object with 3 state machines gives strange errors. It also pauses the editor. You can't turn off the error pause. It pauses anyway, whether it's on or off.

Most common errors are the ones in attached jpg. (I checked, those make no sense: "Compute mesh inertia tensor failed (...) supply a tensor manually". On every object in the scene, rigid body or not.)

I thought my Playmaker character setup from Unity 3.5 was wrong somehow, so I started doing the character from scratch in Unity 4. Everything was working fine with no errors in editor, until I got to the point when I used SmoothLookAt Action on the head of the character. ERRORS, endless errors and game pauses right away. I deleted the SmoothLookAt, because it worked fine before. Still nonsense errors.

Btw. the game runs fine and smooth if you make a Build. It's just the editor.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:53:52 AM by jeanfabre »

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
Re: Unity 4 - error pause all the time...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »
Yeah I got that tip of errors too.
Very bad.
Bye

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 02:43:41 AM »
This is usually a Unity setup error:
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/14497/actorupdatemassfromshape-error.html

Playmaker intercepts unity log errors and tries to show them inline with actions, so you can associate an action with an error... if you're getting a lot of error spam this feedback probably starts to break down...

Kubold

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
Ok, I worked it out somehow. Apparently the healthbar (a plane, parented to the camera, which I scaled with Set Scale action if Player lost health) was causing all these problems. I got rid of it, the errors stopped.

I can't tell I'm smarter now though... this plane did not have a rigid body component, did not have a collider component. And the console spit out errors like crazy, saying that practically every object on the scene doesn't have a tensor.

Anyway, thanks! It was a character setup error apparently.