PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

pathfinding get child

(1/1)

ahrens:
hi all.

I've tried to make pathfinding with Get child..find child ,but instead ive got headache..
could you please show me how to make a npc find the player upon a simple pathfinding-system with children..or at least give me some hints and tips

please say if you need more info ,or if the problem is too complicated.

Regards Ahrens

MaDDoX:
Pathfinding is *definitely* not an easy problem to tackle. There are some nice solutions for Unity like A* (a-star) and "path" from angryAnt, but both require some degree of coding. If you wanna try to tailor your own solutio, Id try a bunch of gameobjects (working as navpoints) and the find-nearest + move towards actions. Use Unity's layer system to prevent unwanted collisions. Good luck!

ahrens:
thanks for the hint(Advice) ;)

i'll maybe try too struggle it with myself ,or use simpel-path tool from assest-store

regards Ahrens

LordShaggy:
I would recommend creating something outside of playmaker to run all the heavy lifting of your pathing or AI and then create actions to and listeners in PlayMaker to govern behavior.   

I could see how you could make pathfinding with playmaker, but I Dunno if it would be wise, but who knows. Maybe someone has figured out a really nice way to do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version