PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Beginner Help

(1/2) > >>

Eirestudios:
Hello Guys, I'm new to Unity and Playmaker so sorry if I sound like a real newb here, I'm wondering if anyone would give me a few tips on adding 2d player controls to a cube using only Playmaker if it's possible? I know how to add player controls using Unity but I really want to learn how to do it using Playmaker only.
Thanks in advance  ;)

Damian:

--- Quote from: Eirestudios on December 07, 2012, 12:12:01 PM ---Hello Guys, I'm new to Unity and Playmaker so sorry if I sound like a real newb here, I'm wondering if anyone would give me a few tips on adding 2d player controls to a cube using only Playmaker if it's possible? I know how to add player controls using Unity but I really want to learn how to do it using Playmaker only.
Thanks in advance  ;)

--- End quote ---

Its not that hard. you only need to add/remove value on the characters X position.
If you read around this forum you can find much help about that to :-)

shinodan:
Adding an x value will only move the cube, it wont be controlled according to your char motor settings.
Its been a year and im still struggling with this method. In most cases persistence and patience will give you the results your looking for, but unless we get actions for this there's not much that can be done in regards to this.

Eirestudios:

--- Quote from: shinodan on December 09, 2012, 08:03:31 AM ---Adding an x value will only move the cube, it wont be controlled according to your char motor settings.
Its been a year and im still struggling with this method. In most cases persistence and patience will give you the results your looking for, but unless we get actions for this there's not much that can be done in regards to this.

--- End quote ---
So your saying I can't recreate the standard unity 2d controller using only playmaker?

shinodan:
Yes and no.

If you just want to move him about with vectors, that can be done with playmaker.
but controlling a player with playmaker via the char motor cant be done (without the actions)

The actions that come with playmaker include controller move and controller simple move
you could use these to set up a basic controller but these actions dont act according to your char motor settings.

The thing about playmaker is anything is achievable. just spend some time with it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version