playMaker

Author Topic: Card game  (Read 2512 times)

inni

• Playmaker Newbie
Card game
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:22:06 AM »
Hi.

I have NO IDEA of coding. I'm a designer so having that in mind... How the hell can I structure a cards game like Magic the gathering?.

How I make the IA enough "enough" intelligent to take decisions depending on what cards I use, etc?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :-\

DARK_ETERNAL

Re: Card game
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »
"How I make" isn't the question.

AI intends to simulate human behaviour, so, if you want to design an AI "enough" intelligent to take decisions based on the cards in game, I'd rather ask you "how would YOU make decisions in game"? That'll let you design your AI. Unfortunately, for this, there is no recipe.

Since you've got no idea of coding, you might as well start from the very beginning. Think about any 2 Magic cards. How are the rules that say my card A will beat your card B? If you know how to use Playmaker, do something like that. Make two objects (might be anything) with an Attack value, a Defense value and an Attribute (let's say, an element such as fire, dunno). Then, if you have your object A "attack" your object B, how would you determine whether A will vanquish B? That's more about your game rules.
Check out our new game: Nitro Chimp. Now live in App Store!

Trailer:
Download: https://itunes.apple.com/app/nitro-chimp/id557150450?l=en&mt=8

inni

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Card game
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
thanks a lot for the answer. I'll do that way.  :)