playMaker

Author Topic: Does anyone know ...? (Using PM and scripting with iTween) [SOLVED]  (Read 2785 times)

icemacsea

• Playmaker Newbie
Does anyone know if you can use Playmaker in a project and also do normal calls to iTween with a script?  All  the iTween actions in PM are working fine for me, but all my normal script calls to iTween are now failing (error in RetrieveArgs).  Surely there is a way to make this work.  Is anyone out there doing this?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:19:07 PM by icemacsea »

kiriri

Re: Does anyone know ...? (Using PM and scripting with iTween)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
maybe lateUpdate can fix it. If it doesn't then there's something fishy :D
Best,
Sven

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Does anyone know ...? (Using PM and scripting with iTween)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:46:33 PM »
This should work fine...

Can you post a code snippet and the error you get.

icemacsea

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Does anyone know ...? (Using PM and scripting with iTween) [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »
Sorry for the late response -- I was expecting an email notification about replies.  Anyway, I updated my copy of another third-party add-on that I'm using (iGUI; it also uses iTween) and the problem disappeared.  But one interesting thing to note is that simply updating iGUI (in my already existing project) thru the Asset Store did not fix the problem.  I had to start a fresh project using the latest version before I could get iGUI, PlayMaker and iTween to all play nicely together.

[EDIT]  Quick update:  I have also determined that this problem can be caused by having an unnecessary copy of iTween.cs in your project.  I added Playmaker to an existing project (which already had all latest versions of my add-ons) and the problem re-appeared, but this time only with PM calls to iTween!  I located a folder with Plugins named iTween with iTween.cs in it.  Deleted the iTween folder and now everything is fine.  Apparently, my scripts are now calling iTween in one of my add-ons.  Moral of the story: if you are calling iTween from your scripts, then you'll need iTween somewhere in your project, but multiple copies of iTween in your project may cause problems.  If you run into a RetrieveArgs() error from iTween, look for an iTween folder in Plugins and delete it -- that should fix it.  (But you may also need to update your add-ons to their latest versions.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:41:00 AM by icemacsea »