playMaker

Author Topic: Align tools  (Read 6370 times)

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Align tools
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
Currently having to align everything by hand can be a little annoying.  It would be very handy to have some basic layout tools available to help keep FSM's clean. 
Something along the lines of being able to align vertically/horizontally, with an option to use either left/right extents of a state, or just the centre.  Possibly another tool to evenly space them, probably horizontally and vertically once again.

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Re: Align tools
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 03:30:35 AM »
According to Alex in the next release we're getting "lock left" and "lock right" option for transitions, which should make positioning states in a way that the lines don't cross over and become "spaghetti". That will help a lot already, but yeah, some grid and grid snap settings would be great, it could even use Unity's default ctrl+drag convention (to snap to the grid).

+1 for this request.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Snuck these into the update: Hold ctrl to snap to grid and/or shift to constrain to horizontal/vertical movement.

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »
Fantastic.  Love your work.

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:16:23 PM »
Fantastic.  Love your work.
^__ What the sir above said :)
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
I do love the direction this plugin is headed and the dedication of a few users. For my purposes, it was already a fantastic tool from day one but to see it grow and read what's suggested (and taken seriously by Alex and crew) is really encouraging.

I am still one to push for color coding. I think that's one of the things that make programs like uScript and Kismet so neat looking. You can follow lines and variables by just looking at the color. That's especially important for artist minded developers. We rely a lot on visual feedback more than pure coders I think.

Been working 12 hour days, 6 days a week on my day job so I haven't been as active as I've wanted to be but today I will do some serious testing.