playMaker

Author Topic: Daikon Forge  (Read 6598 times)

parallel

Daikon Forge
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:39:12 AM »
A few event binding actions for this would be so nice! This GUI package looks the winner to me, with its WYSIWYG and easy intuitive interface.

I tested the evaluation version: http://www.daikonforge.com/dfgui/free-version/
the slider was easy to hook up with get/set property, the event bindings for buttons and color picker I haven't had any luck in connecting to PM.

TakuanDaikon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Daikon Forge
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
I have a package of DFGUI Playmaker actions that were provided to me by a customer, which does include event binding actions.

I haven't tested them yet or had much chance to do anything with them really, but if you'd like to give them a try you can find a download link on the DFGUI forums in this thread : http://www.daikonforge.com/dfgui/forums/topic/playmaker-support/

When I can find the time to do so, I plan to write some code that will automatically generate Playmaker actions so that I can keep them up to date. Until then, if you'd like to test out the package at the link above and let me know if there's anything that needs to be fixed, changed, or added I'd appreciate it :)

(By the way, that recent Playmaker sale was amazing. Simply couldn't pass it up!)

parallel

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »
:) Thanks a lot and yes I'll test at least some of those actions this week, and if anything arises I'll let you know. Buying your package later this week. 

Korindian

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
Hi Jean Fabre,

Did you have a chance to check out the link above to the DF-GUI forum? In the Daikon Forge Unity forum thread you mentioned that you'll be providing actions for DF-GUI... is this still the case? Perhaps you can use the existing actions in the link above as a base to save time?

Thanks.

TakuanDaikon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »
I've been meaning to update the Playmaker actions, but am simply overwhelmed with work at the moment. Having someone like Jean Fabre do this instead would likely mean that they stay much more current  ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 01:47:57 AM »
Hi,

The set of PlayMaker Actions that I have seen is all fine as far as I can see and test, so you pretty much have everything here already.

I am in the process of starting a new project, and I will use DF-GUI so that will be the right way for me to properly test the playmaker actions, but so far I can't say that I ran into trouble with this.

Unless the playmaker actions I saw are not anymore in sync with the latest verison of DF-GUI?

Bye,

Jean

TakuanDaikon

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 03:49:31 AM »
They are not in sync, there has been a newer version of DF-GUI released.  I can regenerate the list to match, however. I will do so as soon as I am able.