playMaker

Author Topic: CollisionEvent and TriggerEvent with specifying the target object [SOLVED]  (Read 2701 times)

Kubold

Right now you need to make an FSM on an object that will be colliding the specific tag.
I would like to be able to choose the object which will be colliding the specific tag.

For example: Main character has a Capsule Collider and separate small sphere trigger collider for detecting ground collisions. The FSM is on the Capsule Collider. During the jump I want to add TriggerEvent for the ground detecting sphere trigger collider. I would like to do it in original FSM, attached to CapsuleCollider. Instead I have to add another FSM to the ground detecting sphere and turn it on by SendEvent. It would be much simpler to be able to just specify which object the TriggerEvent refers to.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:13:07 AM by Kubold »

Kubold

I forgot about that request. Recently I found a thread with similar request, and the answer was "It's impossible due to Unity limitations - the collision actions must be on the object colliding" or something like that.

I guess this request is no more valid :)