PlayMaker Help & Tips > Android Help

Thinking about buying Android license

(1/2) > >>

Ticked_Off_Pixel:
Hello friends!  ;D

I'm thinking about buying the Android Indie license ($400) to start developing games and non-game apps for the android market. But I have a few doubts i'd like to clear with more experience users before I spend money. I hope you can help me:

1) The setting up process (installing android SDK, connecting with Unity, developing, building and publishing in Google Play market) normally simple, that a begginer could do, or it takes an experienced developer to complete these tasks?

2) Is it more difficult to make an android game than a PC game in Unity and Playmaker?

3) Is it easy to port an android game (made with Playmaker) to iOS, with minimal adjustments?

4) How's the best way to deal with the resolutions and height/width variations among several android devices? Would NGUI help in this task?

5) What's the maximun Drawcall value sugested?

6) Is it easy to use Ads? Which one is the best?

7) Is it common to make, at least, $1000 from sales or ads, in the Google Play? What's the most you got?

8) Any other tips?

Please leave your impressions.

thanks! 8)

Ticked_Off_Pixel:
Nobody?   :o

You don't have to answer every question, just the ones you know!

;)

Sjones:
these are more generic questions regarding games dev and unity as a whole, I would suggest asking these on the unity forums.

for the most part its all down to your type of game/app.

about the only one thats easy to answer is the first one, yes it is easy to setup - again a unity question not playmaker.

playmaker isnt any difference from PC to mobile just input is different, but you knew that anyway, keyboard and mouse vs touchscreen means you would have to design the UI based on touch

Ticked_Off_Pixel:
Thanks Sjones,

I know most of these questions are not really PlayMaker related, but in Unity's forum there are a lot of really experienced programmers, so most of the things i find hard to do in Unity, it's a piece of cake to them.
In this forum, I assume there are more artists and game designers than professional programmers.

Anyone else?

Lane:
From everything I have read iOS is more significantly more lucrative than android but I'm fairly certain that the demographics are quite different between the two so i think it depends a lot on the app you plan to publish.

As far as ease of development I don't have any input since I don't publish to android.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version