playMaker

Author Topic: ScoreFlash: "Scrolling Combat Text on Steroids" - with PlayMaker actions!  (Read 6035 times)

jashan

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to post this - it's not directly a showcase of something developed with PlayMaker but rather something developed to be used with PlayMaker (please let me know if there's a more appropriate place):

ScoreFlash is a package available on the Unity Asset Store which lets you easily show and animate text messages on screen. Typical use cases are scores, power ups or achievements received, instructions during tutorials or texts that players or NPCs say.

I did my best to make ScoreFlash very easy to use for both artists and programmers. Like: The way you design how messages appear and are animated is by simply pulling a prefab onto your scene, hitting play, activating auto-generation of messages, adjusting the messages until you feel they look the way you want, stop playing and keep the changes. There's also an API for programmers which is very easy for beginners and simple cases and but also powerful for people who want more control or even extend ScoreFlash.

While ScoreFlash has no dependencies (i.e. it works without any other packages), it can also use NGUI and EZ GUI for rendering the messages and - that's why I'm posting this here - also has PlayMaker actions so you can use it without any coding if you want to.

For all the details, check out the ScoreFlash product page. By the way, it's currently on sale (33% off).

To see how ScoreFlash can be used with PlayMaker, watch the following video (this focusses just on the PlayMaker integration; there are other tutorials about setting up ScoreFlash, using it with NGUI etc.; you find all of them on the ScoreFlash product page):

I hope this will be useful to many of you! At the moment, I'm looking into extending it to be able to show more than just text messages (with a little coding, you could already achieve this), so that will become available for everyone early 2013 ... and ... whenever the new Unity GUI system becomes available, this will also be supported (having integrated NGUI and EZ GUI, as well as UnityGUI and GUIText, it's unlikely that the new GUI system will be hard to integrate ;-) ).

Sunny regards,
Jashan

shinodan

• Shinozone
Re: ScoreFlash: "Scrolling Combat Text on Steroids" - with PlayMaker actions!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
Dont have the money right now but this looks worthy of investing to me, very cool ways to display text!

derkoi

Re: ScoreFlash: "Scrolling Combat Text on Steroids" - with PlayMaker actions!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »
Scoreflash is excellent!! Just what I needed as I posted in my asset store review!  ;D

jashan

• Playmaker Newbie
Just a quick heads up: The ScoreFlash sale (33% off - $20 plus tax instead of $30 plus tax) only lasts two more days until end of January 2013.

jashan

• Playmaker Newbie
ScoreFlash V3.1 has been released and is now available. The most important new feature of this release is probably the visual designer. Have a look at the video: