playMaker

Author Topic: Set visability by variable name? [SOLVED]  (Read 2335 times)

FritsLyn

Set visability by variable name? [SOLVED]
« on: May 16, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »
I have a variable name of an object, and I just want to toggle visibility of the Game Object with that name.

But "Set Visibility" can only "Use owner" or "Specify Game Object".

How on earth do I change visibility of something not "Owner" or "Specified" but by variable? Some form of trick out there? I can think of alternative methods, but I always hit that same wall of not being able to specify.

:)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:41:41 PM by Alex Chouls »

Mayhem

Re: Set visability by variable name?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
You have to use "Specify Game Object". Right to the Selection of the specified Object there is a little Button "Use Variable". Click it and choose the Variable. Of course, the GameObject has to be a Global Variable if you want to access it in another FSM!

FritsLyn

Re: Set visability by variable name?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
You have to use "Specify Game Object". Right to the Selection of the specified Object there is a little Button "Use Variable". Click it and choose the Variable. Of course, the GameObject has to be a Global Variable if you want to access it in another FSM!

ARH Thanks!!! I tried this already, but the dropdown only gave me the option to use "None".. but then I found that there is a variable type of "Game Object"! That made it work like you say - and like I thought it should. Not a string, a Game Object :D

Thanks a bunch!! :)