Bug Reporting > PlayMaker Bug Reporting

Building player fails on playmaker.dll [FIXED]

(1/1)

NKoufou:
Hi,

I just introduced playMaker to my project and I encountered the following issue when building the player the 2nd time (the first time I build after playmaker integration compilation and deployment works).

Editor.log snippet:

--- Code: ---Error building Player: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/nkoufou/myproject/myproject/Data/Managed/PlayMaker.dll" is denied.
UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayerInternalNoCheck(String[], String, BuildTarget, BuildOptions)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings(Boolean, BuildOptions)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
--- End code ---

Unity version is 3.3 Pro + iPhone Advanced running on a Mac

Any subsequent builds fail and my only option is to remove the PlayMaker folder from my project in order to resume work. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Thanks
Nick

NKoufou:
Bloody typical finding the problem minutes after posting in a forum....

So the issue is with Perforce integration, by default all files in the local workspace are set to readonly unless they are open for edit. By changing my configuration to set all files to readwrite the issues goes away. Alternatively you could only set PlayMaker.dll to be readwrite only.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Nick

Alex Chouls:
Good to know, thanks! I'll try to find some place in the docs to note this too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version