playMaker

Author Topic: Silence any logging  (Read 1088 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Silence any logging
« on: August 15, 2023, 01:17:01 PM »
I have been looking at several articles and threads to obtain a way to centrally deactivate all logging, and by that I do not simply mean mute the console but cut the feed at the source, otherwise the code would still be processed although the console would remain deaf.
I am not talking about silencing the PM logs, which can be done in Preferences.

Here is an example of a way to handle it in Unity but it requires wrapping the logging code under a conditional.
The solution necessitates a custom class, which means any code whether it's Playmaker actions or third party scripts that don't use it will rely on the native logger.

Isn't there a simple way to just tell the engine to simply shut up at all?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Silence any logging
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 05:23:28 AM »
Hi, tried to do the same month ago and I think I read same articles and with that info also talked to AI, all we could do is mute the console. To actually make log execution to stop, need to write that custom log wrapper where we then need to manually change log calls in 3rd party scripts/plugins everywhere, which is likely not possible and a super-painful process.
There is no Unity built in feature that could disable every log script from execution :(