playMaker

Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!  (Read 163088 times)

amaranth

Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Amanda from San Francisco. I left my program writer job at Microsoft six years ago, and I've been a full-time indie developer ever since. Finally decided to take the plunge with Unity two months ago since it ports to mobile, which is my next target. Stumbled across PlayMaker and let's just say it was LOVE at first sight!!! :D

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:19:49 PM by amaranth »

devotid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »
My name is Kevin From Saginaw , MI  I am a veteran web designer that is taking the plunge into game design......... I cannot begin to explain how important playmaker is to me. 

Without it....... I would not be doing what im doing today. .....Period.

Thanks for changing my life....... ;D

Kevin
www.devotid.com

tom3d

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »
Hi all, my name is Tom, I was born in Australia but have lived most of my life in sunny England.
I am studying computer game design at university. I’m just about to start my final year.
First of all I must say how great Playmaker is! I am dyslexic and I have spent too many hours trying to learn how to code,
now playmaker has answered all my preys. My partner and I will be using it to make our dissertation and group game project.
I am ok at 3d modelling, texturing rigging and animation etc. Now with playmaker I have the full package.

Thank you very much! Tom

http://tomwhite3d.blogspot.co.uk/

vidi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 07:31:14 AM »
Hi I'm Marion from Stuttgard Germany .

Generally I like  create 3D objects and draw for  Animationprogramms and Games. I have  more artistic and less  technical skills.

Also  I have for fun  create  for my friends and family few Games with virtual 2DGamemakers already.

Now, I use Unity,  because  of lack  of programming skills I bought uScript, but I feel me overwhelmed with the programm architecture.

yesterday, I saw Playmaker, play with this and immediately I feel more comfortable with this tool.

I know That is absolutly the right tool for me.  :)
Thank you for this !

VictorRayDev

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »
Hi, I'm Max
I'm a motion designer / animator
I'm creating my first game in unity and playmaker.
thanks for this awesome tool

ArctheLad

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »
Hello, I'm Chris from the UK. I have been working with Unity for a couple of months and, being from a Business background rather than a programming one, I'm looking into using Playmaker for the company I work for.

I started working with it this weekend from Friday and I am amazed at how fast you can build things. I used Uscript for a time but the logic of it really confused me at times. Playmarker really does just lay it out in an easier way to understand, especially if you aren't from a coding / programming background.

DARK_ETERNAL

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
Greetings!

The name's Andres, based in Medellin (Colombia). Programmer. I've started working with Playmaker a couple of weeks ago. It's been kinda easy to learn, but it becomes pretty challenging when you go to scripts, since there's very poor documentation for that. I've got about a whole year exp. with Unity, so I'm pretty confident with my skills, although they're mostly on scripting with C#.

Now I'm working in an integration between Playmaker and EZGUI for internal usage in the company I work for.
Check out our new game: Nitro Chimp. Now live in App Store!

Trailer:
Download: https://itunes.apple.com/app/nitro-chimp/id557150450?l=en&mt=8

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
Hey everyone
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »
The Guys at Target Pro Said the Coupon Code is Good Until Dec 1st.

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »
hello i bought playmaker im trying to  Bridge the gap between ORK and playmaker but i might need help doing this

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:56 AM »
Hi Cynel1,

Don't hesitate to ask questions about ORK on this forum, hopefully some of us have experience with it, and maybe we can find ways to start bridging ORK with playmaker.

bye,

Jean

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
Hi Cynel1,

Don't hesitate to ask questions about ORK on this forum, hopefully some of us have experience with it, and maybe we can find ways to start bridging ORK with playmaker.

bye,

Jean

good besides im not the best coder  but i do understand coding

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
Hi Playmakers! I'm a game designer and 3D artist from Montreal Canada. I have a decent amount of experience with "visual programming," so after a few days I already feel right at home with Playmaker. I however do not have much experience in unity, so this may take some time.  :P

I have a few game designs I never took to completion. I am hoping I can recreate them in unity and push them to the next level thanks to the new found possibilities brought to me since I discovered Playmaker.

I look forward to seeing peoples creations and I hope to see the Playmaker community blossom!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:36:57 AM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Vallar

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am Mohamed and I am from Egypt. I have been in and out of game design teams for the past few years and I worked as a volunteer for Funcom's Anarchy Online for a year and a half (creating storylines and events) and a year as a game reviewer before that.

Recently I thought I should just do things on my own instead of depend on teams online (since based on my experience they fail miserably) so I started with XNA and C# then Game Maker and finally ended up with Unity (a couple of months ago).
By mere chance I heard about Playmaker on one of the posts on the Unity forum and I just can't do without it ever since then.
Currently working on my first title hopefully it will be pure Playmaker and probably exploit my generalist skills in 3DS Max.

coldpizzapunk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 09:07:37 PM »
Hi,

My name is Michaell. I have a background in Industrial Design, specifically around Fixture, Interior, Architecture design. I am more of a visual guy, but have some basic understanding of Code. I can fumble my way through scripts to get something to work. Playmaker has enabled me to do so much. I am currently working on a few iOS games. I am from the Milwaukee area and work with my wife who is much more of a concept artist, animator, and visualizer.

I've been on these forums a few times to get information, but wanted to join and share back the things I have learned and experienced so far. I look forward to working with others.

jbman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 02:11:33 PM »
Hello,

My name is Jack and I'm from Connecticut. I'm a Mechanical Engineer by trade and create 3D object for manufacturing and assembly. I have had a long term interest in building and designing games. I can program, but I'm still very inexperienced at it.

I picked up playMaker to speed-up the process of developing the game ideas I have. Learning while doing may not be the best way, but I'm thinking that most peole here are doing that. I'm looking forward to trying out the example/tutorial projects and see how far I can get.

Regards,
Jack