playMaker

Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!  (Read 163089 times)

IPete2

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »
Hi all

My name is Peter M Caddock, I am Head of new Technologies at Studio Liddell, Manchester England.

Studio Liddell is the 3D animation studio who created all the CG animation for "Roary the Racing Car", "Fifi and the Flowertots".

Enjoying learning PlayMaker as an aid to help us develop solutions more quickly/efficiently.  We have three iPhone Apps out so far, and intend to have more out this year, some will hopefully be aided by PlayMaker.

Good to know you guys!  If anyone's in Manchester at any time, drop me an e-mail and come say "Hi!".

IPete2.

Red

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 09:19:13 AM »
hey there! nickname is Red and i've just purchased the plug in.

quite nice so far! havent' come up with any issues or lack of actions (still too early imo to find these kinds of things.)

and of course, i'm making a game using unity and playmaker. it's a bigger deal kinda thing but the time i'll be putting into it will hopefully be rewarded with a great gaming experience. (fingers crossed)

my background is 3D (modeling, texturing, rigging and animating.. .though i am not a fan of animating i can do it.) and of course, always open to accepting team-members to help speed up the completion of the game.

essyrock

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 04:06:00 AM »
Is this necessary to introduce ourself :P

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 12:59:47 PM »
Well my nick is DamianGTO.
I will try to make this short.lol.

I did start to program in 1979 on my schools computer.
1981 i did get a tv-game(Philiphs g7000) and played game with it, but it had one programming module.
The bad thing was that is you did remove the power all you did write did get deleted.
in 1982 my father did buy me a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16K that I did play alot on, but i did programming in basic on it to.
Most of the time I did use it for coding games.
The bad part was that you could only save it to a tape and that did take time.
So often you did not do that.
Well I cant tell how much game i have lost that way.
I did upgrade it to 48K and with other stuff to.

After that I did get an Atari 520 when it did came out.
I did buy Atari 1024STE when it did come out.
With that I did play and did programming.
I did started with basic , but did go to Turbo Pascal.
I did also start with BBS and did write alot of stuff to it.
I did use modem alot and did alot of hacking, but I did feel it was kind of wrong.
I did get into Fido net and did alot on that.
Hade my own fido nod and did help other out alot.

After that I did start using PC.
Well they was not so good in the start.
Used DOS, but I did use Norton DOS so I did have multitasking DOS :-)
Did learn alot if different programming language.
But I  did leave game programming then.
Used Visual studio, most for I did get in a beta program with Microsoft so I did get all stuff for free :-)

Did build computer system and had a dream to work like a programmer.
Well in the late 1999 I did work with computers for about 6 months.
In 2000 I did start working like a programmer and did that for 5 years.
I also did do anything you can think of when it comes to computer.
Did build servers to company and that kind of stuff.
The company did not survive so they did go broke.
But the owner did have more company and I still do some support for the program i did stop developing 2005( some new stuff i have done later)
The greatest feeling was to kick microsoft and all other in the ass for they could not do what we did with our program.If we did not had a function a company needed then we just did it alot better then they could dream about it.
Still things I did back then is very advanced still today.
Also the programming language we used I and one more in our company was the best in the world with it.
So we did have the support for that languages :-)

After that i have not worked with programming, but I do it in my spare time.

Now days I do program android phones and I do build a linux kernel to Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) that is one of the worlds best kernels. So I do have an site with around 5000 member, but So many do use it so last time i did have any clue on how many it was then it was over 20.000 people. I know there is people all over the world that use it. :-)

I did start to program to Android just to be able to do stuff with my kernel.
But a friend to my girlfriend ask me about games and that how i did start with Unity for about 2 months ago.
Have done 2 games thats out on the market.
I have used playmaker fo less then a week and i have not done much with it yet.
I do try to learn as much I can,
I also know I do have a learning curve on 6 months that i just learn things before I start doing stuff thats okey,
Then i just continue to learn and write stuff.
*If I love what I do I want to learn so much I can so I can do the best things there is.
Its how I am. I want always change things to be better.. :)

Well thats was little about me.

daxx2k

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
Hi there,
I'm Davide, currently I'm a CharTD at Dreamworks Animation is Los Angeles, during my spare time I develop iOS games :)

I released a game in the past  (as a RetroHeroGroup) called "Toothache" for iOS in collaboration with other people online.

I'm so glad I've found playMaker because I hate to deal with all the tedious programming thing, Unity was already a step further but now with this tool I can go a way faster with the logic and focus more on the Art :)

mindlube

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Hey I have published 1 game for iOS, Android and Mac (Chickie Dominos). I wrote all the game logic with c# coroutines in a kind of FSM-like manner. I was going to write my own proper FSM engine then I discovered Playmaker and currently learning and digging into it. Definitely plan on using it in future titles. I want to focus more on graphics and art, than programming, because I'm burned out on coding for my day job too. So thanks playMaker.

Alex
http://mindlube.com

smiffy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Matt Smith and I'm an artist/game designer based in Liverpool, England.
I've been using Unity for a couple of years now, and although I've gotten better at the coding side I bought Playmaker to help me quickly prototype ideas so I can concentrate on the art more.

Cheers,
Matt

Riser

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »
Hi,

I am based in the UK and have spent the last couple of months trying out different software for developing apps. I soon realised Xcode on its own would be a nightmare then I started messing around with Blender and Corona trying to write 3D apps with 2D code before finding Unity and Playmaker.

I am blown away by what you guys have come up with in Playmaker it works the same way as my mind works. I don't write code full time so I feel like I spend most of my time on the steepest part of the learning curve which is a real pain. The real strength in Playmaker is the ease with which you can pull a few states and actions then test and test some more to get things working before adding more complexity.

I suspect I will need to write some custom code at some time in the future but so far so good. I am surprised it is so quiet on here as it feels like the start of something big. Thanks to Maddox for providing really useful comments on the relative merits of UScript and Playmaker at this moment in time I think I made the right choice. 

I am looking forward to getting up to speed and finding out what opportunities this opens up.

Mike

HeadClot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 02:47:47 PM »
Hello, My name is Benjamin Stanley

I am from Roy, Utah

Just bought playmaker and I am really enjoying it. :D

jimsato

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 05:48:15 AM »
hi,
i'm lim from malaysia. just buy playmaker today.

PixelEnvision

• Playmaker Newbie
  • PM 1.3.2
    • Pixel Envision
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
Hi,

This is Erdener and we are an husband-and-wife team from TR, bought my copy of PlayMaker about a two weeks ago and I'm yet to "play" with it...  8)
Pixel Envision - Creating fun apps for iOS & Android

Twitter / Facebook / YouTube[/UR

Deadlyapples666

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
Hi,

I'm Arron. I'm from Leeds of the UK.

I'm finishing my final year of Games Design at Uni and am yet to do any scripting or any actualy Games Design. The course has taught me how to model , texture and animate basically...

Got Unity and Playmaker and hope to be able to make some fun and interesting games with it.

I'm currently toying with the idea of making a 1st Person RPG like Skyrim :)

Ive got 50 pages of documentation for it and I'm trying to get my head around scripting and games design. I can navigate Unity well but scripting to me is very difficult. So Playmaker is a good choice for me! Just need to make things that are related to my project idea and make progress :D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
Hello Arron,

I studied in Leeds! I had such a great time there, Are you at Leeds Metropolitan or the Actual Leeds Uni?

Bye,

Jean

Deadlyapples666

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »
Leeds Met hehe. Yeh I study there and Live near by too :)

Its an ok place :D hehe.. well.. sort of :P

Cheers!

Arron :3

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »
Hi,

Well, the uni in itself is not going to really open you the door to triple AAA game dev, that's for sure, but I did enjoy the freedom of learning, if you know what you want, it's all there. As for the town, I really enjoy the music scene, I was gigging every other day, that's was truly fantastic!

Have fun with your final year project  ;D

Jean