playMaker

Author Topic: Play! Make Your First Video Game in 4 Weeks from Scratch  (Read 8392 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Play! Make Your First Video Game in 4 Weeks from Scratch
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
Playmaker is being used in a new online course by the talented Brandon Wu, founder of Studio Pepwuper: http://skl.sh/SwBox6

What it is: The course is 100% online, virtual, and starts later this month. Best of all, it costs just $25, or $15 for the first 100 students.

Who it's for: Almost everyone! It's totally beginner-level, so it won't be appropriate for those who can already code. Artists, designers, or anyone remotely geeky or artsy will enjoy and benefit from the class though.

How you can help: If it's not too much to ask, please do share this class with your networks, either through social media or an email. Wouldn't it be cool if we could grow the Unity+PlayMaker community to be even bigger and better, spread game-making education, and encourage more creativity in the world of game development?

A tweet/ Facebook post if you're feeling lazy :P : Want to make a video game?! Here's a 4-week beginner class, no coding required! by @TheBrandonWu http://skl.sh/SwBox6
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:36:15 PM by Alex Chouls »

Appood

• Playmaker Newbie
    • http://www.hermitagejewelers.com/sell-rolex.aspx
Re: Play! Make Your First Video Game in 4 Weeks from Scratch
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:20:23 AM »
got missed out

tal1m0n

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:56 PM »
As an artist who has never written a single line of code I'm developing myself full time to playmaker now so I actually have something to do with my art assets. By the end of the 4 weeks I'd hope to be beyond the "8 year old kid friendly" stage to something a little more moderate, which is why I wish instead of doing a class they'd have a large library of tutorials like digitaltutors or lynda.com.

People are saying "you don't need tutorials" because it's so basic but I keep getting stuck on on certain things.

It's only been a couple of days hopefully I'll get it figured out soon.

semie

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
I have started this course and continue to work through when time permits. I am also coming from an artists perspective and struggle with coding/programming more than mo0st...
In doing this course I was able to pull together very quickly a lot of disjointed info I already had and put it directly into a game dev proces. Yes, basic games I know but my capacity to begin actually implementing Playmaker and using it to get actual outcomes that I was after increased rapidly.

i still get stumped when it comes to a more serious level of logic, but the fundamentals are covered and it was refreshing for me to see improvement in my own abilities. For $25 it is well worth it for beginners.

mikewwayne

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
Hello Alex, will the class cover things like Raycasting, AI Raycasting or basiclly A fps or third person shooter ?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 06:35:37 PM »
Hi, I don't run the class, just helping Brandon get the word out :)

You can follow the link and ask Brandon Wu about the class...