playMaker

Author Topic: CutScene Tuts?  (Read 2753 times)

msl_manni

• Playmaker Newbie
CutScene Tuts?
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
I would like some tuts or videos for how to create cutscenes with Playmaker. Any help will be Great.

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Re: CutScene Tuts?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
How far have you gotten, and what do you specifically need help with?

I'm doing cutscenes for my project, but they're very simple.  The only advice I could give you initially is to script your sequences of events very strictly.  Have every action in a state execute before there's any chance for it to proceed to the next.  If you have multiple angles in the scene you should place a camera for each one, and cut to each with a state, then trigger the actions for that shot.  Once a shot is complete, cut to the next, or back to your gameplay camera.  Since most cutscenes are linear, it should be easy enough to set up an equally linear chain of events to let them play out.

I hope that gives you some initial ideas, but for me the fading in and out never seems to work at the time I want it to, and I have tons of issues trying to manage camera rotation and positioning.  If you find any tutorials please share them, as I'm looking for the same kind of help and answers!