Archived Boards > Windows Phone 8 Help

iTween

(1/6) > >>

mrgrey:
Hi, I have set up a simple sample scene to test iTween on my phone. I have a plane and a cube. At 2 second intervals the cube will bounce up into the air (add force to Y) and then, through physics it will bounce softly to settle back on the plane. This works fine on both PC and my WP8 device. I then added iTween Rotate Add to the cube so while it is in the air it spins somewhat, lands, waits a little and then repeats. This works fine on my PC but when I build and deploy it to my Lumia 920 it bounces up once (and settles back) and then nothing. It doesn't add the iTween Rotate to the cube and does not repeat. Is there a problem with using iTween on the WP8 platform?

I am new to developing so I may have done something totally stupid  :P

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I am soon going to be able to test on Lumia 920, meanwhile, do you see anything in the unity logs when you play it on the device?

Have you tried hotween? It has playmaker support:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2299.msg10104#msg10104

bye,

Jean

mrgrey:
Thanks for the quick reply Jean

As I said I am fairly new to Unity and Playmaker so I don't know how to see unity logs on the device when I play it. Ignore me, just found how to do this: I get the following -

Build from '' branch, version is '4.2.0f4 (38efbd14869d)' (Release build).
Physical memory: 898 MB, commited memory limit: 380 MB.
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 9.3]
    Renderer: Qualcomm Adreno 225 (WDDM v1.2) (ID=0x32303032)
    Vendor:   Qualcomm
    VRAM:     96 MB
Initialize engine version: 4.2.0f4 (38efbd14869d)
Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
InnerException: Specified cast is not valid.
AdditionalInfo:Invoking System.Collections.IEnumerator::MoveNext method with argument count: 0
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at WinRTBridge.MethodTools.InvokeMethod(Object instance, IScriptingMethodWrapper method, Object[] args)

(Filename:  Line: 71)

Hotween looks like an interesting alternative...I'm just not sure how to add it to Playmaker and how to use it

I also have an Android tablet on which to test, so I rebuilt the scene for my Tablet, deployed it and it works as intended, so I'm assuming it is the Lumia not playing nicely  >:(

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I think you are facing what we are trying to fix with iTween. Let me get back to you on this.

As for hotween. simply get hotween and the playmaker custom actions. Hotween works differently then iTween, but it has a visual editor, so basically, you can visually configure the tweening properties.

But first, wait for me to get back to you, I may have what you need.

Bye,

Jean

mrgrey:
Thanks again Jean. I must say I am so pleased I invested in Playmaker, its a fantastic tool which has gotten me up to speed so much quicker than trying to learn to code from scratch and as you have shown the support here is second to none.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version