Bug Reporting > PlayMaker Bug Reporting

Painful registration process [FIXED]

(1/2) > >>

fysa:
Maybe a bit too much on the CAPTCHA and password requirements .. I had to submit/hit back four times while registering, and then had to send the validation email twice for some reason?  (gmail)

Murcho:
I agree, I had to re submit a few times, the even numbers should read "inclusive".  Took a while to work out I needed 10 in there as well.

Alex Chouls:
Sorry about that! We had a booming bot party going on in the first forum we set up - just a bunch of bots shouting at each other over drinks - if a human had walked into the bar they all would've turned to stare...

So maybe we overcompensated a tad... :P

denkiva:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, I've removed the numbers question, and the member email verification process.  After we were overrun by about (not exaggerating, seriously!!) 13,000 spam posts on our previous forum I went a little security crazy.  Actually I was talked down from implementing 10 personality/brain teaser questions and DNA analysis... I'm still a bit twitchy about bots, but I'll stand down :-)

Thank you so much for having the wherewithal to defeat the 5 rings of registration Hell!!

:'(

Vanessa

MaDDoX:
To chime in on that, the 8-character password is a bit over-demanding but it's ok. Now, requesting to use mixed case letters is a bit too much imo :(

If it wasn't the PlayMaker forum, I would *sure* have quit registering right there :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version