PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

What is the best way to handle 2d gui objects with playMaker 1.1?

(1/2) > >>

Tim:
Does playMaker do anything to optimize draw calls, like Sprite Manager 2?  If i want to create a heavy 2d object game, would SpriteManager still be the way to go?

I looked through the examples but none of them really have a lot of gui objects.

Thanks

tobbeo:
My two cents is to still use Sprite Manager 2. At this point you just have so much more control and I believe it's much faster. I am making a 2D game myself and I would love to have some Sprite Manager 2 specific actions implemented into Playmaker but I guess that all depends on the demand so make your voice heard!

Some day I'd like to get into writing my own actions so I can do stuff like this and share them.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Yes, make actions requests for SM2 and EZGUI on the forum, and I am sure you'll get them done.

Bye,

Jean

Tim:
I read up on SM2 and watched some tutorials.  I now have a much better idea on what it does.  It does a lot more than I originally thought, so I am sure it is still the best way to handle sprites in Unity.  It looks like there are already requests for SM2 actions on the forum.  As I don't have SM2 I am not sure what actions would even be useful.  I have written a few custom actions and it seems fairly easy, so I may just write any I need to handle SM2 if I pick it up.

Thanks

tobbeo:

--- Quote from: Tim on April 05, 2011, 06:44:54 AM ---I read up on SM2 and watched some tutorials.  I now have a much better idea on what it does.  It does a lot more than I originally thought, so I am sure it is still the best way to handle sprites in Unity.  It looks like there are already requests for SM2 actions on the forum.  As I don't have SM2 I am not sure what actions would even be useful.  I have written a few custom actions and it seems fairly easy, so I may just write any I need to handle SM2 if I pick it up.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Let us know if you do, would be great if you could share them! I am also going to try and learn how to create custom actions for stuff like SM2. I created my first very simple one today, but it was a very, very simple one (FloatSubtract). I do hope that someone more code savvy than me gets to it first as I imagine I'll be spending a lot of time trial and erroring before I get decent at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version