playMaker

Author Topic: [BUG]Globals stop updating aftering disabling and reenabling an object  (Read 3342 times)

invayne

im making a ammo system where im using global vars to pull info from a middle man script that pulls my ammo info from ork framework  now this system works as intended until i switch weapons it stops updating my values the fsm seems to be working an dosent toss me any errors but its not updating the global s any more after you disable and reenable the weapon. is there some bug in the global vars part of playmaker  that might be causing this ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:44:38 AM by invayne »

invayne

Re: Globals stop updating aftering disabling and reenabling an object
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »
4 days an no answer from any playmaker staff on this an i still need some help on it. so if i can get some kind of confirmation on this that would be great thanks.....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:01:59 PM by invayne »

invayne

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 09:41:34 AM »
bumping for some kind of answer from playmaker staff....  really need some kind of confirmation on this..

thanks

invayne

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 06:06:44 AM »
rebumping reason same as above.....

Omnorimli

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello,

I am having the same issue, is there a known solution?

If anyone can help, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

invayne

bumping this onec again.. no idea why jean and the rest of the staff are ignoring this question. even a simple "we dont know the cause" would be nice. kinda sucks when you buy a product and find a serious issue and there is no  response from the  playmaker staff on it.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Sorry, I missed this thread somehow...

Can you submit a bug report so I can get more info (pm version, unity version etc.). If you can attach a small repro project to the bug that would be great! But I'll try to repro here either way and let you know what I find...

EDIT: I did a quick test making an FSM that sets global variables, disabling and enabling the GameObject and globals were still updated. So I need more details to reproduce the problem you're seeing... first step is the bug report since that will give us more info on your setup.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:31:06 PM by Alex Chouls »

invayne

Thanks for the reply alex! ill see about the reproduction project see if i can set one up might be hard since im under NDA  but i can supply my 3rd party scripts im using for ork framework to pull info from there just cant supply the program to  you.. can give you a link to the free version though... but i will do a bug report asap  with full details on whats happening  with screen shots  of each section...

once again thank you for replying!

invayne

report submited will be sending email with screeens shots soon