playMaker

Author Topic: Help with tutorial 02[SOLVED]  (Read 2646 times)

krazyheaven

• Playmaker Newbie
Help with tutorial 02[SOLVED]
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:49:00 PM »
I was working through this tutorial here and I had a few questions. 

http://www.hutonggames.com/tutorials_game_design_with_playmaker.php

1) It says to add the object chest and unselect the play.  Honestly, I don't know how to unselect. 

2) The lighting in the game view tutorial is much better than mines.   My stuff looks dark while their's matches the scene view.  Am I doing something wrong or are they doing something with their camera before the tutorial starts? 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:03:29 PM by jeanfabre »

parallel

Re: Help with tutorial 02
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
1) don't you mean it says to uncheck 'play automatically'?

2) The video probably has a different lighting than yours, I wouldn't worry about it, just create a directional light, rotate it and turn on shadows to your desire.

krazyheaven

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:57:52 PM »
You are right.  it says uncheck play automatically.  Out of curiosity where do I find that.

Thank you for pointing out the light difference.  The only thing I could find that may have gave the camera light was the pro feature that I didn't sign up for yet.   

Thank you for answering.  I am also thankful for the tutorials.  Getting through them all should help me strengthen my foundation.   My only complaint is when I'm trying to learn I wish to duplicate everything they are showing me before I make changes by playing with things.  So I kind of wished they wouldn't have used other things that are different from what I have access to when demonstrating what I should be doing to follow along. 

parallel

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »
I'm not sure with the 'play automatic', maybe it's an old feature, nowadays I think you make a frame of 'idle' in the import settings> animation tab, cause it will want to have a default animation.(not sure though)

I know what you're saying with wanting to duplicate what has been done, sort of like building after a lego plan and if a piece is missing it just sucks :) but most tutorials I've got working I had to do at least one thing differently to get it working, and actually it extends ones learning seeking these small independent solutions. It's impossible to secure tutorials against future changes of the program, and unity has changed quite a bit since the tuts were made.

Since summer there has been a shadow option in the directional light in Unity free.

krazyheaven

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 01:15:13 PM »
I did happen to find the play automatic.  It was in the inspector of the chest.  Silly me for not checking there.  All has been working so far to my knowledge and I've been able to play around with a few things with success so the tutorials are working out for me. 

I have had to change a few things from what the example did but it worked after the changes.   Hoping to finish off these tutorials this week and get started on making some simple games soon.  I'll probably make a new thread on any other tutorial related problems since this one is labeled tutorial 02.